Support Number, Call us
ASUS routers are quite famous in the market and it helps to boost the WiFi signals to a great extent. As the standard of Next-Gen WiFi is rising every year, this year the latest release from the ASUS router manufacturers is the RT-AX88U. This article is all about this super-fast wireless router that has been launched by ASUS recently.
Initially, the journey began in Singapore and now the WiFi 6 (802.11ax) routing device is ready to take over the entire world. So, if you are planning to invest your hard-earned money into this router, you must be aware of its specialties. It will help you to compare why the latest ASUS router is the best and superior to WiFi 5 (802.11sc) routers. So, check this article to know more about this router and what are its unique features that can blow your mind. Here, you can get some info regarding its price range and things you must know before purchasing ASUS RT-AX88U device.
If you are a gamer, this review can provide you with the most needed info that you look for in a gaming router. So, follow this article and decide whether RT-AX88U router from ASUS is the one you are looking for.
What Is So Special About RT-AX88U?
- This wireless Ax600 RT-AX88U dual band gigabit routing device is quite stylish and comes with an ultra-thin design model. It is called as a dual-band router as it can switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands easily. Hence, when it comes to HD streaming of high-quality videos and audio files, nothing can beat the features of this wireless router from ASUS.
- It allows the users to connect to the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) AV server. With this router, you can even access the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server to enjoy 24/7 file sharing feature of this wireless device.
- You can utilize the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol for sharing files with others over a secured network connection.
- If you select this RT-AX88U Wireless Router from ASUS, it has the capacity to manage around 300,000 browsing sessions.
- It also integrates the advanced ASUS Green Network Technology that consumes less power. Hence, you can save up to 70% power by installing this power-efficient router device.
- This product comes with a specific power adapter unit that provides electrical isolation and stabilizes the power conveniently. It can hence withstand long hours of browsing and heating up issues, whereas other adapters can just damage routing device.
- As the router can support both the 2.4GHz as well as 5GHz wireless signals, it allows the users to perform multitasking. Hence, you can utilize its dual bands for a different set of tasks. For example, use the 2.4GHz band for doing an internet-related task like surfing, emailing, reading or writing. So that you can stream HD video or audio files using the 5GHz frequency band.
Note: This Ax600 RT-AX88U dual-band router is a perfect choice for gamers for playing online High-Definition games non-stop. As you can utilize the 5Ghz band for heavy browsing sessions or running HD apps and gaming software.
Ax600 RT-AX88U Dual Band Gigabit Router Specifications
Follow these technical specifications of this RT-AX88U router device, which are essential before purchasing the product.
DC Power Adapter
It provides DC Output power of +19 Volt and max current rating of 2.37 Amps.
For the 2.4GHz band, this ASUS router can tolerate a temperature range of 0 to 40 degrees Celsius. Whereas, this operating temperature range becomes 0 to 70 degrees Celsius for the 5GHz band.
The RT-AX88U device can operate at both high and low humidity levels. Hence, you can work with these routers when the humid range is 50 to 90 percent for the 2.4GHz band. In the case of the 5GHz band, the device can operate if the humidity is 20 to 90 percent.
Setup Requirements For Installing RT-AX88U ASUS Router
In order to install this Ax600 RT-AX88U dual band gigabit ASUS router, you must have a PC or laptop that fulfills these following system requirements.
Your device must have an RJ-45 LAN port that can support ethernet connections having various specifications. Make sure it supports 10Base-T, 100Base-TX or 1000Base-TX ethernet connections.
The RT-AX88U routing device is most suitable for wireless connections that are compatible with IEEE 802.11 a/ b/ g / n/ ac/ ax standards.
TCP/IP Setup Before Installation
For installing this ASUS router, it is recommended that you must configure the TCP/IP settings for your wireless connection. If you do so, you can manage the network preferences easily. Which can allow you to select between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands while doing the RT-AX88U setup?
Note: To enable TCP/IP settings, simply click on the Windows logo and go to ‘Settings’. Then, select the option for ‘Network & Internet’ and click on ‘WiFi’ icon. On hitting the tab of ‘Manage known networks’, choose the network whose TCP/IP settings has to be changed. So, click on ‘Properties’ and then hit the ‘Edit’ button under the IP assignment section. Below the Edit IP settings button, choose the option of ‘Automatic (DHCP)’ or ‘Manual’. For further info on these router settings, you can refer to the User’s manual of ASUS’s Ax600 RT-AX88U Dual Band Gigabit router.
Full Version Web Browser
Your system must have the latest and updated version of standard web browsers to install this ASUS router. So, you have to install popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari.
In case your PC lacks an inbuilt wireless port, you can make use of an IEEE 802.11 a/ b/ g / n/ ac/ ax WLAN adapter. However, there are 802.11n devices that might not be compatible with 5GHz frequency band. In order to connect such devices to your Wireless network, you can refer to the User’s manual for Ax600 RT-AX88U Dual Band Gigabit ASUS Router.
For those who are looking for next generation (WiFi 6 with standard 802.11ax) and ultrafast wireless signals at lightning speed of 6000Mbps, the RT-AX88U router is the best choice for them. Also, its dual-band frequency selection allows you to distribute your browsing needs based on 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. The router is enabled with a commercial-grade security program, hence it can protect your devices from internet threats. It provides 2.3 times faster WiFi connection than WiFi 5 and the previous version. So, if you want to purchase this ASUS RT-AX88U router, it requires an investment of a lot of money.