You must have installed Netgear Genie on your desktop to get a better access to your Netgear router. But is it giving you that much smoother experience how you wanted? If no, you can go through this article to solve half of your Netgear Genie Not Working problems.
I understand that this can be really frustrating to come across such unwanted technical error, especially while performing an important work. I know that you must have tried a lot of solutions before to resolve the problems with your Netgear Genie. Unfortunately, you never ended up with a positive result.
A few days back, I bought my Netgear Genie for the same purpose and had to face a lot of problems with it. And finally, after meeting with a lot of hurdles I got such amazing solutions for my Netgear Genie Not Working issues. That is the reason I have taken the initiative today to share those potential solutions with you and give you a better experience with your app.
What Can Be The Causes Behind Your Netgear Genie Not Working?
Most of the time, it has been noticed that the Netgear Genie doesn’t work because your Mobile device is connected to the router’s guest network. On the other hand, if you have enabled the Wireless Isolation, the Genie app doesn’t get the access to collect information from other devices of the Network.
In case, you are using a Windows Operating System, you must have received this message “Netgear Genie has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” In this situation, you might think whether your Genie is compatible with your Windows or not.
But yes, Netgear Genie is completely compatible with all the operating systems. And every problem has a solution. So, do not worry, your problem also has one. You will probably get your desired result by following these following steps.
Let’s Give Them A Try…
- I would suggest you update the router’s latest version. After that reset and reconfigure your router.
- Next, immediately perform a factory reset after you have successfully updated the firmware.
- Another thing you can do is, try this app with other devices(phone, tablet, computer).
- Login to your OpenDNS account and check if your DNS is set to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- Ensure you have installed the latest updated version of Netgear Genie to adjust compatibility.
- Right click on the application setup file and select Windows 10 on Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Restart your device once again and start performing the activities you are willing to do. Rebooting can be the turning point for your Netgear Genie Not Working problem.
All these solutions may resolve most of your Netgear Genie Not Working issues. But in some cases, they may not. Because there can be multiple problems behind just one technical glitch. So, the cause of your problem is probably different and you need help from an experienced technical expert. So, I would recommend you to contact the authorized Netgear Genie Support for help.
But if they finally bring light to your problem, there is nothing better than that. So, give them a try and hopefully, you will be able to access your Netgear Genie App perfectly.
Fetch More Information Through The Comment Section
Here, I am done from my part. If you find this article useful enough, let me know through the comment section. Also, if you require any further information regarding this, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. There is nothing greater than hearing back a positive comment from your end.