Support Number, Call us
Sometimes, you may not be able to use your wireless router in certain areas of your home or office. The problem might appear due to the areas not being in the range of your router. Moreover, the signals might also get blocked in certain areas. However, you can easily get rid of this situation by buying an extender. Generally, extenders are used to get a better WiFi signal around the location where the router is located. One such example would be Linksys RE6400. It provides high-range internet access and extends your current location to cover the ‘dead’ zone.
If you have recently purchased the Linksys RE6400 extender, then you should know the proper Linksys extender setup process. Below, we have mentioned the exact setup process of the extender.
Know the Exact Procedures of Linksys RE6400 Setup:
Basically, there are two methods to set up the Linksys extender. Both methods can be followed by using the proper steps. But, before doing any steps, you need to check the basic pre-requisites.
- Make sure that the Extender and the router are placed in the same room while installing it.
- You should have a strong internet connection.
- The network password should be known to you. You need to enter the password in the respective field while installing the extender.
After checking that, let’s start with the first method for Linksys RE6400 setup.
Method 1: Apply the Steps Manually
For the manual method, you should connect the Linksys extender wirelessly. Now, apply the steps in order to set up the Linksys extender manually.
- At first, turn on the Linksys extender and then establish the network connections between the Linksys WiFi extender and your device. To do this, you can use either an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi mode.
- Now, launch a web browser. Make sure that you have used the updated version of the web browser.
- Thereafter, enter the Default Gateway detail in the address bar. Then, hit the Enter button to open up the Linksys login page on the system screen.
- In the next step, enter the username and password of the Linksys router and click on the Login button to open the account. If you have not changed the default username and password, then the default username is ‘admin’ and the default username is ‘password’.
- Now, you can directly move to the Linksys WiFi extender setup page and then move to the Wireless section. After that, choose the Basic Wireless Settings option.
- Then, you will find two options. Among them, one is WiFi Protected Setup and the other one is Manual Setup. Click on the Manual Setup option.
- Next, enter the Network name which is also known as SSID name. Then enter the password in the respective field. Finally, click on the Save button to apply the changes.
Now, you have successfully completed all the steps that are required for the Linksys RE6400 Extender setup. To verify that, you can switch off the extender and the router as well. Wait for a few seconds and then turn on the router and the extender. Further, check whether the LED lights are stable or not.
Method 2: WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
Under this method, there are two ways to set up the Linksys Extender RE6400. Here we have mentioned both the methods.
Step 1: Pressing the WPS Button
To start the method, first, you need to tap down the WPS button that is present on the Extender. Now, the extender will attempt for the WPS internet connection. To establish the internet connection, press the WPS button of your router.
If you found that the LED on the Extender is stable, it indicates that you have successfully established the internet connection.
Now, you can connect the Linksys RE6400 extender network with your device.
Step 2: Using Web-based Webpage
When you perform the steps, you will get three options. You need to choose among them to set up the extender.
- WiFi Protected setup button.
- Entering the PIN number of the client device.
- The last option is to enter the PIN number again in the client device.
WiFi Protected Setup Button:
If you choose the first option, then, first of all, you need to establish an internet connection between the extender and your device. You can connect them by using an ethernet cable or WiFi mode.
Now, launch the latest version of the web browser and the move to the setup page of the Linksys Extender. When you enter the Setup page, click on the Wireless option and then move to the Basic Wireless Settings option.
Now, you will be asked to choose the Manual Method or the WPS method. Simply select the WPS method. Hit the WPS button. In this way, you can easily perform the Linksys Extender setup process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
#1. How do I reset my Linksys RE6400 extender?
To reset the Linksys RE6400 extender, you need to press the Reset button for 10 seconds. Basically, the Reset button is present at the backside of the extender. Press the button by using a pin or paperclip.
#2. What is the Difference between a Signal Booster and a Network Extender?
The network extender and a signal booster is not the same thing. The network extender is called microcells or femtocells and a signal booster creates their own cell signal in your home or office. After that, it routes all cellular calls and data over the high-speed internet connection.