Support Number, Call us
Is your Netgear router malfunctioning or the internet connection is dropping frequently? Then factory reset is one of the best solutions that you can try out. Factory resetting your router enables you to restore all the router settings and erase all the customizations that were made. Doing a Netgear router factory reset often fix the connection issue of a Netgear router.
Sometimes, you may get trouble while turning on the Netgear router and you can’t connect your computer to the network. It’s very annoying to get such a connection problem while you install any software or play online movies. Therefore, perform a factory reset of the Netgear router in order to get a smooth connection. In case you are unaware of the process to factory reset here is the guide.
Easy Steps to Perform Factory Reset on the Netgear Router:
You can do a factory reset Netgear router if you are unable to do a simple reset of the router or unable to recover the password of your router. Hence, perform the following processes.
Hard Factory Reset of the Netgear Router
If you want to do a factory reset, apply the steps exactly as instructed below:
- At first, get the reset factory settings button from the back of the Netgear router.
- Then, press the reset button with the help of a sharp pointing pin as the button is too tiny.
- Now, press and hold that button for up to six or eight seconds until the power light starts to blink.
- Then, release the reset button and wait until the Netgear router factory reset process is completed. Now, you might get a green or white light that will start flashing.
- Finally, you can start the Netgear router to get a smooth internet connection.
Using the Router Admin Control Panel
If you want to know how to factory reset Netgear router, then you can do it using the router admin control panel. Then, you can reset the network configuration using the IP address and router’s password and username.
- At first, open a browser and then enter the IP address of your Netgear router on the search box.
- Then, log in to the Netgear router admin control panel using the router password and username.
- Now, you will get the Netgear Smartwizard on that browser page while logging into the Admin Control Panel.
- Now, go to the left side of the Netgear Smartwizard and get the maintenance menu. Therefore, select the option Backup Settings from that Maintenance menu.
- After that, go to the “Revert to factory default settings” and then choose the Erase option. Next, click on the Yes option while you get the Backup settings is prompting. It is essential to click on the yes icon for confirming the Reset.
- Finally, the light starts to flash in white or green color when the Netgear router is going to restart.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can you reset a Netgear router?
You can reset your Netgear router by simply following these steps.
- At first, switch on the Netgear router and locate the reset button from the back of the router.
- Now, press that reset button for 5 to 7 seconds using a pin.
- But if you don’t find that reset button, then press the WPS and wireless button for 5 to 7 seconds.
- Next, wait unless the power light starts to blink and the router reboots.
- Therefore, check if the green or white light starts to glow.
- So, once the reset process is over then locate your device with a new SSID name. Also, change the security settings of the router.
- Finally, you can check if the router is working properly or not.
2. What to do if resetting the Netgear router won’t work?
If you can not reset the Netgear router, then you need to first, switch off the router. In case there is any USB or Ethernet cable connected to the router, then just plug out it. After that, you can wait for some time and then turn on the router device again.
Now, you need to do a factory reset of the Netgear router in order to fix the router’s connection issue. You can get the steps for performing a factory reset of the Netgear router from the above methods.
3. What happens if I factory reset my Netgear router?
A factory reset deletes all the settings that are personalized which include, username, wifi network name, password, and security settings. It is also important to perform if you are unable to recover your router password.