Is it an Error- Automatic Asus Router Turn off Lights?
Asus is well known for its networking band, and we are not unknown about Asus’s product. It benefits the customer with a wide range of wireless routers capable of functioning in every situation.
Before we go directly to the light issue, we must know some basic things like setting up an Asus router. The router app can automatically scan for the nearby Asus router. Just turn on the router and then launch the app with a few clicks.
This will provide you with a fast and secure network. Even you don’t even have to worry about the complex setup. If you don’t know how to fix automatic Asus router turn off lights, the information below will guide you. The power light blinking is a common issue, and users have often experienced it.
Fixes of automatic Asus Router Turn Off Lights
As already mentioned that the power light issue is a common issue, but one of the good things about this Asus router turn off lights issue is that it is very easy to fix. It has been seen that most users are not tech-savvy.
One of the major relives – you don’t need to have extra tech knowledge. You just have to follow the steps given below:
1. Manually Upgrade the Router
These steps might sound a little complex, but it is quite simple and easy. The steps are given below:
- First, from the Asus official website, you need to download the firmware. Now, in the search function, enter the router’s model name and hit the Support option.
- After that, go to the Driver & Utility option and select BIOS & Firmware option.
- Then, you will see the Download option in blue colour. Click on the Download option and make sure to save all the zip files on your desktop.
- After that, unzip the files and log in to your Asus router. In the Asus router settings, hit the Administration option.
- From the horizontal menu, select the Firmware Upgrade option, hitting the upload button.
- You will find the Upload button after scrolling down to the Manual Firmware Update. Now, select the unzipped firmware file.
- You will see that the firmware upgrade process has started. After the completion, you will notice the Asus router login page and log in with your details. After entering all the details, select the Sign-in option.
2. Restart the network
It has been seen that in many cases the problem has been fixed just by restarting the network. Thus, this method will also help you fix the Asus router turn off lights issue. But, it is very important to follow the steps properly:
- First, you have to turn off the network and even unplug the power source. Along with this, you also have to turn off the Asus router and device.
- After a few seconds, you can now connect the modem with the power source and turn it on. You need to give it at least 2 mins until the modem boots up.
- Now, you again need to wait for a few minutes after turning on the router until it boots up. Finally, turn on your devices to see the result.
3. Third-party tool to restore the firmware
If by any circumstances your firmware upgrade fails, then you will see that the rescue mode is activated automatically. And, the power light is slowly blinking, and Asus router turn off lights automatically. In such a situation, you might have to restore the firmware.
In this process, specific firmware will be uploaded. But, there are also some essential points that you need to keep in mind. The rescue mode needs to be activated, and you can not use the utility regularly to upgrade the router firmware.
And, finally, do not use it on the working Asus router. The steps are quite simple: just Install and Launch the utility. After that, select the firmware and click on the Upload option. This will take approximately 3-4 mins.
4. Disable WPS
You can also go for disabling the WPS option in the Router Settings to fix the Lighting problem. The steps are given below:
First, you need to log in to your Asus router. From the menu, select the Wireless option. Then, select the WPS option from the horizontal menu and set the enable WPS off.
5. Defective router
At the very end, if you see that even after trying all the given points, the issue is still the same. Then, you can conclude that your router is defective. We suggest you change the wireless router and invest in another router in such a scenario. Connect to other routers to check whether the issue still is there or not.
So, these are a few solutions that you can apply to resolve the automatic Asus router turn off lights issue. The solutions that are described above will help you out. If none of the solutions gives the result you want, you can freely contact the experts.