How Can You Solve the Router Error 009?
Router error code 009 appears while you are trying to establish the internet connection. You will mainly face this error when the Roku device cannot access the internet properly. The router error 009 can be triggered due to disconnection, authentication issues or even DNS cache.
You can fix the issue by making an internet connection between the router and the device in a stable condition. To solve the issue, some troubleshooting is mentioned below. But, before we go on with the main topic first, you must know the causes of the error 009.
Causes Behind Router Error 009
There are specific reasons why your device is showing the error code 009. And, these points are the root cause behind the error.
Loose Cable Connection
Often it has been seen that certain cables that are involved in connecting the device are loose. Thus, you need to make sure that there is no loose connection, or else the appearance of the error will be very common.
It might be possible that the internet connection is getting disconnected, leading to issues while connecting to the database. Your device requires a stable and fast connection, or else the error code won’t stop appearing.
It might be possible that the DNS configuration is corrupted. This will cut off the connection, thus stopping creating a proper connection. And, this will lead to show error 009.
Often the devices face some internal issues which prohibit creating a stable connection. The internal issue can be caused due to a fault in the system software. And, this can also lead to the appearance of the error code.
Solutions to Solve Router Error 009
The solutions are given below, which would definitely fix the problem. The points are explained properly, so that you can follow them accordingly.
Power Cycling Devices
It has been seen that this kind of problem often arises due to disputes within the launch configuration and due to corruption. Thus, by power cycling and cleaning the cached data, you can solve the problem. It will eventually clean the DNS cache. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to unplug the Power cord and also all other devices from the wall involved in the process.
- Now, for at least 15 seconds, you need to hold the Power button.
- After that, you have to plug the power cord back into the wall socket and press the Power button to turn it on.
- Lastly, you need to give the device some time to turn it on. After completing the process, see if it is working properly or not.
There is also a possibility that the software is corrupted. Thus, the error is showing. By resetting the software to factory default, the problem can be solved. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to log in to your router (for example, a Roku device).
- Then go to the Settings option and select the System option from there.
- Now, on the next screen, you will see the System Restart option. Click it, and then go for the Factory Reset option.
- Give some time to Restart it and finally see if the problem is solved or not.
Resetting Network Settings
It can also be possible that the router network configuration is corrupted. Thus, the error appears. By resetting the network settings, you can solve the problem, the steps are given below:
- First, you have to open the router account by logging in.
- Then, go to the Settings option and select the System option.
- After reaching the next screen, you will see the System Restart option. Select it and click on the Network Connection Reset option.
- Then, you need to wait for some time for your device to reset. And, it will restart automatically.
- After the device is on, click on the Settings option and click on the Network option.
- Now, you have to select the Wi-Fi option and need to go to the Setup of a New WiFi Connection option. Select the Wi-Fi you want, then go to the ‘i Am At Home’ option.
- Finally, click on Automatic, and then enter the password. Lastly, check if the issue is solved or not.
Clean the Cache
Often going for the simple steps can fix the big problem. Thus, to solve the router error 009, you can go for cleaning the cache. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to go to the Home button and log in to the router home screen.
- Then, you have to press the Home button 5 times and press the Up button, along with the rewind button 2 times and fast forward 2 times.
- Given 30 seconds to restart it and see if the router error 009 is fixed or not.
Check the Network Connectivity
As mentioned earlier, router error 009 can be seen if the network connectivity is not proper. The following steps are given to help you out.
- If you are using the Roku router, then go to the Roku remote. You have to press the Home button, and then you have to select the Settings option.
- Now, select the Network option, and then go for the Check Connection option.
- Then, you just have to check if the network is strong or not. You can also reduce the distance to fix the network issues.
So, this was all about fixes and cause of error code 009. All the points are properly explained so that you don’t face any difficulties. Even the steps are also explained properly, and follow the steps accordingly. Hopefully, this information will help you to fix the error code.