How to Fix Belkin Router Blinking Orange Light?
A router is one of the useful devices that help in making connections with devices. But, often, due to some technical issues, the internet connection drops. As soon as the connection is lost, we straight away look at the lights of the wireless router.
Every light has different indications to make it easier to fix the issue. If you are using a Belkin router, this is one of the common issues you can face. Over here, we will be discussing the problem and how you can fix it.
There is mainly two types of orange light. One is solid orange, and the other is blinking orange. If the Belkin router shows orange light, then the connection between the modem and the router is not proper.
On the other hand, Belkin router blinking orange light means the router is unable to detect the mode. The solution to fix the blinking orange light is given below.
Methods to Fix the Belkin Router Blinking Orange Light Issue
There can be two main reasons behind Belkin router blinking orange light – Either the modem has been turned off, or it is not properly connected with the router.
Before we go on with the methods, our priority should be to implement easy and simple steps. And, they are as follows:
Look for the Connection
The first and easiest way to fix the issue is by checking the connection. Check whether the ethernet cable is connected properly or not. In most cases, it has been seen that major issues are arising due to faulty ethernet cables, which can be one of them. Try this method, you can see if the issue has been resolved or not. If your router is still blinking orange light, you can go for other methods.
Update the Belkin Router
In most cases, it has been seen that updating the Belkin router can fix the Belkin router blinking orange error. Updating the router must be done by directly connecting the router and the computer using an ethernet cable.
The wireless connection might not prove to be helpful. If your system has an automatic firmware update feature then you can use that. And, the steps are given below to help you out:
- Note the router model and version number first. Visit the official website and type the model name. Hit the Router option and go to the next window – Download/Firmware.
- Now, select the router version and hit the Download option. After that, you have to save a .bin file.
- Login to your Belkin router, locate the Utility section and select the Firmware Update option.
- Select the Browser and look for the .bin file you downloaded on your computer. Now, select the Firmware and hit the Update option.
- You need to select the OK option two times – Once to continue with the upgrade and the other for configuration. Finally, you will see that your router has been updated. Clone the Mac Address
Cloning the Mac address on your Belkin router can be another way to solve the issue. The steps are quite easy, and they are given below:
- First, you have to connect your device to the router either wirelessly or with a network cable. You just have to make sure that the cable must be connected to one of the four LAN ports.
- Now, login to your router, and in the Internet WAN settings section, you have to locate the MAC address.
- After that, click on the Clone button to save the changes. It is time-consuming, so it might take a little longer. And, then, finally, reboot your system to check if the issue has been solved or not.
Many have reported that Power Cycling has been beneficial to solving the Belkin router blinking orange light. The steps are quite simple so you won’t face any difficulties performing them:
- First, you have to unplug the route and the modem from the power socket. And, give it 30 seconds to proceed.
- Now, use the ethernet cable and properly connect the modem and router properly. It must go from the modem to the router’s WAN port.
- Plug the modem first in the power socket and power on it, and then go for the router.
Change the IP Address
For your information when you are using the wireless modem it is using an IP address from the C class subnet. Thus, a conflict between the Belkin router and modem will arise. And, you may see the blinking orange light.
To fix the issue, you just have to change the IP address. The steps are listed below:
- First, go to the Belkin router dashboard panel and expand the advanced settings.
- Then, click on the Local Network settings option and remove the IP address from the LAN IP address section.
- Type the new IP address and click on the Save option to proceed with the changes.
These are the five ways to help you solve the issue of the Belkin router blinking orange light. The methods are effective, and many users have resolved the error with these fixes. If you face any difficulties, get professional assistance.