TP-Link is one of the best providers of WiFi network device. There are millions of people who use the TP-Link router. TP-Link N450 is one of those wireless routers which can you use at your home or at the workplace. It is not very expensive but that doesn’t justify its quality. TP-Link N450 Wi-Fi Router (Model no. TL- WR940N) comes with strong performance and good feature. Its performance is better than the similarly priced model.
In this product, you get single-band WiFi, good throughput and a bunch of advanced settings and access control. So, it is a very affordable router designed to satisfy your varied requirements. Here we have discussed the pros and cons and the detail description of the router and whether you should go for TL- WR9409 or not.
An Overall Look At Design
The TL- WR940N is small in size than any other mid-range routers. It comes in handy with a black glassy look and has three external antennas. You can’t add or replace any powerful antennae to it if any one of the antennae breaks. Its enclosure measure about 1.1 by height, 7.87 by width 5.51 by length.
There are eight LED indicators on the arched front among which one indicator is for power, one for internet activity, one for signal activity and one for WPS activity and remaining for wired port activity. You can see the wireless On/Off button and a reset button and a power On/Off button. There are four Gigabit LAN ports and also a WAN port.
It offers a 2.4 GHz radio and speeds up to 450 Mbps. You can also change the settings via the Web-based management enclosure. It will give you a basic and advanced setting which you can easily navigate. Basic settings are for enabling or disabling each band and modify the passwords where the advanced settings include Wi-Fi channel power settings and security mode settings.
Details Specification of TP-Link N450 Wi-Fi Router
- Wireless speed up to 450 Mbps which is ideal for bandwidth-intensive tasks like HD video streaming and online gaming.
- 802.11n technology operates 15x faster with 5x the range of 802.11g.
- There are three antennas to increase the coverage area and stability.
- Deals with Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, MAC OS and also UNIX or Linux.
- 299 gm weight and 7.9 inches screen size.
- Support computer Memory Type of DDR3 and SDRAM.
- No color screen.
- No batteries are required and use 7 Watts electricity.
- It can transfer data at a rate of 450 megabits_per_second.
- Doesn’t supports Bluetooth technology.
- RJ-45 connector.
The installation process of the TL-WR9409 is very simple. Simply connect it to a PC and with an internet source. The router will automatically launch Web-based settings, in which you can configure your network. Once configured, set a router password.
It will really surprise you with its performance. The TL-WR940N use powerful N technology. It works smoothly at any bandwidth. You can access an online game, HD video without any lag. The router provides a large data transfer range and it turns your home into a big hotspot.
Capabilities & Upgrade
In terms of capability, TP-Link WR 9409 is all you need. An On/Off button is available to turn off or on it when necessary. WPS button secures connection and the WDS wireless bridge offers seamless bridging which can expand the wireless network. IP bandwidth determines the amount of bandwidth allotted to each PC. It gives a special application which is ideal for creating a website and hosting within your LAN. It offers an auto-mail function for its system log for managing the router.
Advantage And Disadvantage Of The TP-Link N450 Wireless Router
There are so many benefits of buying this device.
- Easy to set up the router for the first time. The Web management page is nicely done to all the different settings.
- It is really a cheap router with great features and performance.
- There is WPA/WPA2 encryption which ensures you that your router is protected from intruders.
- Give high internet speeds of 450Mbps which is sufficient for HD video streaming and online games.
- Three antennas increase the range and stability, covers up to three rooms at your home.
- IP based bandwidth control the amount of bandwidth for each PC.
- There is no gigabit port which is a bit disappointing for the wireless-N router.
- There are no USB related features like printing service or attach storage. You can’t transfer wireless encryption from the router to other clients.
- There is no smartphone app and Bluetooth connecting system.
The router works without any lagging for the 4K video stream and online high graphics game. I have been using this router for 6 months and have never been disappointed with this product. It takes less than 10 minutes at the time of installation and the process is quite easy. The signal strength is still strong, no problem so far and I can easily access it from the rooftop of my house. The best thing that I like about this product is that it costs is very less and the performance is beyond expectation.
So, I am really happy with this product and have no complaints against it. If you are looking for best and cheap router then you should go with the TP-Link N450 wireless router for sure.