MoreoverThe TP-Link AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi router is best described as one of the most reliable low-budget bandwidth routers. This router offers great bandwidth which is enough to play multiplayer games and stream online videos. You will not find any lags while streaming online videos and games. One of the best products out from the factory of TP-Link, this router gives a lightning-fast performance.
TP-Link AC1200 is an affordable router which may not be the fastest router in the world but provides decent features and performance. In this article, we have discussed the pros and cons of the router and whether you should choose to buy it or not.
An Overview Of TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
Considered an entry-level wireless router, AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi router is suitable for small and medium-sized apartments. This router does not contain any unique features but performs fairly well compared to more expensive routers. Therefore, let us take a sneak peek into the hardware specifications that this router provides.
Hardware Specifications Of TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
The processor that is used by the router is Broadcom BCM47189 processor. The frequency of its execution is 900 MHz. The RAM capacity of this router is 128 MB, and it also has a storage of 16 MB to support its firmware. This router has the capability of supporting a 2×2 MU-MIMO which is enough for a $50-priced router. This dual-band router has a maximum reach out of 867 Mbps bandwidth on the 5GHz band and 300 Mbps bandwidth on 2.4 GHz band. This leads to a total bandwidth of 1167 Mbps.
The router offers support on the following networking standards which are:
- IEEE 802.11a
Present on the back of the router are elements like
- The Power jack and a Reset jack.
- The Power button.
- A USB 2.0 port.
- The Internet port.
- Four Ethernet ports that work at 1 Gbps.
- The WPS button.
There are also three fixed external antennas present on the back portion of the router.
On the bottom side of the router, there are some slots which can be used to mount the device on the wall.
Furthermore, coming to the size of TP-Link Archer C1200, it is 9.6 inches or 243 mm in width and 160.6 mm in depth. It is 32.5 mm in height and weighs 1045 grams or 2.3 pounds.
Recommended Post: TP Link Archer C9 AC1900 Review
Features Of TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
The product features of the router are given below:
- Upgrade networks to more advanced 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology.
- Smooth streaming of videos.
- The high performance of online games over 5GHz and 2.4 GHz bands.
- Good coverage of Wi-Fi reaching far out with dual-band antennas.
- Easy network management settings. Ability to share files, photos, videos and audio files by making use of the four Ethernet Ports.
- Supports 802.11ac. Warranty of two years on the product.
- The entire gigabit ports contribute high-speed data transfer speeds to the wired systems.
- Also, it renders astounding single-touch wireless security encryption along with a WPS button.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of The TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
At first, we shall take a look at the benefits of buying this device.
- The cost-effectiveness of this router is the main reason why you should consider this device. In fact, the device ranks in the list of the top 10 budget routers.
- TP-Link provides its users with an app for this router which improves the flexibility of the product.
- The device boasts of modern hardware which offers quality Wi-Fi signal and bandwidth.
- The speed of 5 GHz which this router offers is above expectation and will leave you dumbfounded.
- Moreover, the router has slots underneath which allows you to hang the router on the wall and there is no need to use tapes to prevent it from falling off.
The router also has some downsides which are listed right below.
- No freedom to use the smartphone app. It can be made use of only when you are connected to the Wi-Fi of the router.
- The quality of the router is very poor. Fingerprints and dust accumulate on the router easily thereby making it look dirty. This can be overcome by regular cleaning of the router with gel surface cleaners.
The router works without any hiccups for the 4K video stream. I have been using this router for quite a while now and have never been disappointed with the same. Setting up the product is quite easy and consumes very less time. The range and strength of the signal that it provides are great and works well for my mid-sized apartment. The best thing that I like about this router is that it costs very less and its speed is beyond expectation.
Overall, I am very pleased with the services that the router has offered me and have no complaints against it. However, the cover of the router is built from poor materials which magnets the dust that falls on it. But this issue is nothing considering the performance that it has to offer at such a low price.