With a high power amplifier and antenna, Netgear Nighthawk x6 r8000 helps in extending the wireless coverage area successfully. However, sometimes you might not get the expected performance of the Netgear Nighthawk router due to a number of reasons. It may be due to an outdated firmware or if the network configuration is configured improperly.
So, if you want to increase the efficiency and performance of the Netgear router, then you need to update it correctly. Updating Nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware also helps to enhance the security and efficiency of that router. Hence, you can go through the below guide to get the required steps for updating the Netgear router.
Netgear Nighthawk x6 r8000 Firmware Features:
The Nighthawk x6 r8000 Firmware includes some of the important features that are discussed below.
- The tri-band WiFi router includes a high power antenna and an amplifier to increase the wireless coverage.
- It includes a WiFi speed of up to 3.525 Gbps.
- It includes a dual-core processor of 1.8 GHz to increase the range of the wireless network.
- Then, you will get a smooth internet connection as you will not get buffering in this router network.
- You will get strong mobile connectivity with an effective performance.
Methods to Update the Nighthawk x6 r8000 Firmware:
You can get the step by step methods to update the nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware from here. So, below are the steps to update it.
Checking the Latest Firmware
- At first, visit the official website of the Netgear router to check the latest firmware. If there is any latest firmware then you can check it via the dashboard. So, click on that dashboard for updating the nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware.
- Once you check the latest firmware, then you need to open a browser such as Google Chrome, internet explorer or firefox.
- But note that, you have to connect the router with your computer via the Ethernet cable for updating the firmware.
- Then, search the web address of your Netgear router on the search bar of the browser.
- Now, hit the enter button to get the router page.
Login Credentials for Nighthawk x6 r8000 Firmware
Before you log in to the Netgear router login page, you need to enter the login credentials. Then only you can access the router admin login page for Netgear nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware.
When you get the router window, then you need to enter the username and password for login to the page. In that case, enter the default username and password on that page. Hence, you can get that login info from below.
It might be possible that you forget your own username and password to log in to the router admin page. So, you can use the above default username and password for logging into the Netgear router admin page.
Performing Advanced Setting Setup
- Once you log in to the router admin settings page, then choose the advanced tab. Therefore, go to the administration or settings option and then again choose administration.
- Then, choose the firmware update or router update to continue for further process.
- Now, select the check option and the router will locate if there is any new firmware available or not.
- But if you find any new firmware then select the Yes option for updating the nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware.
- Note that, you do not need to close that browser page while the firmware is updating. Also, do not click to any other link or open a new page or switch off the router. So, the firmware update might be interrupted due to it.
- Once, the update is complete the router will be restarted automatically. The complete process will take 3 to 5 minutes to update.
Downloading the Latest Firmware Manually
Though you can follow the above steps for nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware update you can also do it manually. Therefore, download the latest firmware manually to update the Netgear nighthawk firmware. Hence, take a glance at the steps to complete the process.
- At first, go to the official Netgear website.
- Then, you will get an appropriate search box from there where you need to enter your Netgear model number.
- If you get any dropdown display menu then choose your Netgear router model from there.
- But if you do not enter the model number correctly, then you won’t get the router model from that list. So, you can choose the product category to get your router model.
- Then, select the option “Firmware and software download”.
- Now, go to the Current version and choose the Firmware version. Then, select the download button for downloading the latest firmware.
- Now, once you get the downloaded file, then you need to unzip it. After that, run that file in .exe file.
- Finally, go through the instructions given on the screen for updating the latest firmware.
Hence, you can update the Netgear nighthawk x6 r8000 firmware with the help of the above useful methods. Now, you might not get any interruption while accessing the Netgear nighthawk router. You will then experience a smooth and effective network connection while browsing something.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many devices can you connect with the Netgear Nighthawk router?
You can connect up to 96 devices through the Netgear Nighthawk x6 router. The router consists of a Smart Connect using which you can easily pair every device with the optimal WiFi band.
- Can you use the Netgear Nighthawk x6 router for gaming purposes?
The Netgear nighthawk x6 router might be a good choice for gamers. They can experience an excellent performance while using the WiFi network connection to play the game.