Primarily while setting up the router, you have to log in to the Router account using the correct username and password. But, if you face any hassle at the time of login then as a result, you won’t be able to access the router any further. When you face difficulties while getting into the login page, the “can’t access Asus router admin page” message appears and your Asus Router Login Not Working. There are several reasons for which the log in issue can appear.
Poor internet strength can be the prime reason behind such errors. Or sometimes, providing the wrong IP address can lead you to the login problem.
But, whatever be the reason that is triggering this issue, you need to get over it to access the router. Here, we are going to discuss the possible methods if the Asus router can’t log in.
Procedure on How to Login to the Asus Router
Before getting into the solutions to fix the login issues(asus router login not working), you first need to log into the router account once again. And, after that, if you fix the issues then you don’t need to apply the methods that are mentioned below.
- With the help of the Ethernet cable, connect the LAN port and the Asus router into the LAN port of the router.
- Launch the web browser and then go to the address bar.
- Write the default IP address in the address bar to get the confirmation settings apache.
Note: If you are unaware of the IP address of the Asus router, you can note the information at the back of the device.
- Next, a window will pop up on the screen where you have to give the credential such as the username and the password.
- Tap on the “Sign In” button now. Once you give the credentials you will navigate to the setup page of the router.
Note: The username and the password will be at the back of the Asus Router.
- Now, you will be directed to the Configuration page, if you put all the required information correctly.
Now, you will be able to login to the router. But, even after applying the steps as it is stated, you fail to log in to the router. You have to apply the mentioned methods to access the router and avail the fastest internet speed.
Possible Solutions in case of Asus Router Login not working
If you are getting login issues on the Asus Router, you can opt for methods to fix it. Or else, you won’t be able to use it to play games or stream unlimited content.
Method 1: Use the Control Panel
If you are unable to get the configuration page, you can get it from the Control Panel. To do that, you must implement the below-mentioned steps in the proper sequence:
- First, you have to connect the Ethernet Cable with the computer and then reconnect it with the router. Now, go to the Start Search Box and write “Control Panel”. From the searched results, tap on the Control Panel option.
- The Control Panel will pop up on the screen next. Locate the “Network and Internet” option from there. Tap on it and then choose the “Network and Sharing Center” option.
- A window will pop up on the screen. From that tab, tap on the “Change Adapter Settings’ option. Open the next window and then choose the adapter that is connected with the wire.
- Right-click on it and from the drop-down, choose the ‘Properties’ option. When the Properties window of the Adapter opens, select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- You have to tap on the “Receive an IP address automatically” option. Hit the “Enter” button next to confirm the action.
- From the Internet Options window, move to the “Connections’ tab and then go to the “Local Area Network (LAN) settings” option.
- Tap on the LAN settings and then the dialogue box appears on the screen, make sure the “Use a Proxy server for your LAN ” option is checked.
- Select the “OK” button now and then go to the search box. In the search box, write “Windows Firewall” and then select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Click on the “turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” option. You will get the next two sections, one is the “Private Networks setting” and the other one is the “Public Network Settings”.
- Choose the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option and then lastly. Click on the “Ok” button.
By now, you will be able to fix all the router related issues. If you are still unable to get to the login page, you have to opt for resetting the Asus Router.
Method 2: Reset the ASUS Router
To fix the “asus router login not working” issue, you have to reset the Asus Router to its default settings. To do that, you have to follow the given steps:
- Turn on the Router and then tap on the “Restore” button for a while.
- Hold the button until the power light starts to blink.
- If the light is blinking, you have to hold the button for a few more minutes.
- When the light will flash, you have to instantly release the Restore button.
- Once the light is blinking, this indicates that you have successfully get into the configuration page.
Once the configuration page appears on the screen, you can access the Router. But, if you can’t log in to Asus router then try to get the configuration page. You have to proceed to the next section to fix the login issue.
Method 3: Update the Firmware
If you are using a backdated firmware, there is a high chance that you will face a problem at the time of login to the Asus router. To fix that, you have to update the firmware.
Once you get the latest version of firmware, you won’t face the login issues. And to update the firmware, one has to follow the below-stated steps:
- Open a web browser and then go to the address bar. Search for the official website of Asus Router in the address bar.
- When the Asus Router’s homepage opens up on the screen, search for the model number of the router.
- Also, search for the firmware and tap the suitable firmware. Tap on the “Install” button to start the downloading process.
Once the downloading process is over, open the setup file and the updated firmware will be installed in the device. Now, try to login to the Asus router. These steps are an assurance that you won’t face any hurdles while accessing the Asus router.