Support Number, Call us
The Linksys RE7000 comes along with a Wi-Fi Extender which can grant you high-speed internet even in the dead zones. This extender comes with the latest wireless AC technology which is useful for streaming high-quality videos and gaming on multiple devices.
You will get the same strength of the Wi-Fi signal in every corner of your room. You just need to pair the Max stream routers with the Max Steam Range Extenders. Additionally, with the help of the dual-band (2.4 + 5 GHz) feature, you will be able to get a speedy internet connection.
Once you bring this router home, it will enhance your surfing experience. But, to access all these features you need to first set up the router.
How to Perform Linksys Extender Setup RE7000?
If you have recently brought this smart device, then you should check the wireless network settings of the home network such as network name and password.
In the first step, you have to turn on the Linksys RE700. Wait until the LED light of the router changes its color to amber. If the light does not change its color, you have to tap on the “Power” button again.
To start the process, you have to first connect the Linksys RE700 with WiFi-enabled devices such as laptops or computers. And, you have to connect both the devices with the help of the Linksys Extender Setup-xxx. Here, “XXX ” is the last three digits of the Linksys RE7000, which you will find at the back of the extender.
Up next, you have to open a web browser. It can be any web browser, Google Chrome Or Mozilla or any other. Now, after opening the tab, go to the address bar and write “http://extnder.linksys.com” in it. This will open the homepage of the Linksys RE700 router.
Alternatively, you can write “192.168.1.1” in the address bar instead. Hit the “Enter” button next on both the cases whether you are giving the URL address or the IP address of the router. This will open up the Setup Wizard of the Linksys RE7000.
When the Setup Wizard opens, search for the “Start setup option and tap on it. Next, you will be prompted with an option to make an admin password and password hint. After creating it, tap on the “Save” option so that you don’t have to give the admin password and the hint password for the next time.
Make sure you have marked the “Wireless Range Extender” option. If the option is marked, don’t forget to check the box. Tap on the “Next” option and then proceed with the Next option.
Now, you will be given the list of all the available networks. Choose the name of the home networks. In the next window, you have to give the password of the chosen wireless network.
After providing the password, tap on the “OK” button. But, if you are unable to see the network name, then you have to click on the “Manually Enter Network Name and password” option.
Further, you have to give the extended network SSID and password, when asked. After giving the password and the username, you need to tap on the “Login” button. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue the Setup process.
The Spot Finder will open on the screen next. On this page, you can check the strength of the signal of the router and the Linksys range Extender. In case you are getting low strength of the network, keep the router and the extender in the same place.
Now, the firmware of the Linksys RE7000 will get updated automatically after performing up this step. Now, you will be able to install the Range Extender. Next, after setting up the extender you have to go through a few additional steps to configure the Linksys router.
Methods to Configure the Linksys RE7000
When the Linksys RE700 comes with the dual-band wireless router, it is suggested to manually configure the RE7000’s range to 5Ghz if you are using the 2.4 GHz then only.
Method 1: Optimise the Extender
To optimize the Linksys RE7000, you have to implement a few simple steps, such as:
- Open a Web browser and move to the address bar.
- Search for the setup page of the extender.
- When the login page appears on the screen, tap on the `Wireless” option.
- And next, choose the “Cross Band” button. Tap on the “5GHz” option.
- Right after that click on the “Save” option to apply the current changes.
You will also be able to use the 2.4 GHz band simultaneously linking with the router to access various other channels.
Method 2: Link the Extender With the Max-Stream Router
Seamless roaming is an essential part of the Linksys RE7000 firmware. You will get the chance to connect the Linksys RE700 with the max stream router to get a seamless roaming facility.
And for that, all you had to do is, set the wireless settings of the router and the extender. Next, implement the steps to link up both the devices as it is given below:
- Open a web browser and then go to the address bar to search for the setup page of Linksys.
- When the Setup Page opens, tap on the “Login” button.
- Next, go to the Wireless tab and from there, tap on the “Basic Settings” option.
- You can change the wireless settings as per your convenience.
- After making the changes, tap on the “Save” button.
If you are unable to connect the devices, we would suggest you repeat the above steps. After connecting with the extender, you have to update the Linksys RE7000 firmware.
Method 3: Update the Linksys RE7000
Updating the firmware will help you to fix the bugs and thus will enhance the functionality of the extender. Besides, there is an advanced Auto Firmware Update feature which automatically updates the device whenever there is a new update available.
Once you’re done with the setting up process, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions to update the firmware:
- Go to the access page of the Linksys RE7000 from any web browser.
- When the setup page opens up on the screen, tap on the “Firmware Upgrade” option.
- You will be prompted with two options: one is the Automatic Update and the other one is the Manual update option.
- Once you tap on the “Automatic Update’ option, it will show you if there are any new updates available.
- After clicking on the Automatic Update option, the firmware will automatically get updated. But, if you want to go for the manual update option, first, choose a “File”.
- Next, choose the “Firmware” that you want to update. Tap on the “Save” button next to save the current changes.
- Lastly, click on the “Linksys RE7000” option and wait until the update gets over.
When you are updating the firmware, it is suggested not to power-cycle the Linksys RE7000. If you come across any kind of issues while performing the setup process you need to go through the methods mentioned above all over again.