If you wish to expand the internet connectivity range or if you need to reach places having a weak signal or no signal at all, then Netgear N300 is your best option. In a nutshell, an extender connects a device client and a base router.
Netgear N300 extender is a very compact device that suits users for both homes as well as office network. But to get all its remarkable features you need to configure it at first. Thus, we will guide you with the easiest steps for Netgear N300 Setup.
Steps for Netgear N300 Setup
Go through the steps mentioned-below for setting up the Netgear N300. Try not to skip any procedure if you want a glitch-free connection.
- First of all, plug in your Netgear N300 to a power socket and switch it on. When the Power LED blinks green, it is a clear indication that the Netgear device is On.
- After that, head towards your PC or laptop and launch the default browser. Type in the router’s official address in the address bar and hit the Enter key
- Here you will find the setup page for Netgear Genie. Tap on the New Extender Setup button and fill the required sections to open a new account. Now, tap on Next to continue.
- Tap on the WiFi Range Extender button on the next page. From the list provided, choose the base router that you want to link with the range extender and click on Next.
- If it prompts, provide your existing WiFi network password and select the Next option.
- You will get 3 options i.e. keep the original password as prevailing network, modify the password or apply no password. You can choose anyone to access the network.
Note: We recommend you to use a strong password to secure your WiFi network.
Finally, choose the option preferable option and select Next and then choose Continue. Once you are done, Netgear N300 will ensure that you receive high-speed connectivity in your workplace or home.
We hope with the help of the above steps you can easily learn how to set up Netgear N300. It is indeed a great choice for the ones who want high-speed internet anytime and anywhere. To obtain a better speed, it is recommended to modify the name of the extender during the setup of Netgear N300. Feel free to share your queries in the comment section.