192.168 100.1 is nothing, just the private default IP address. As you know, the IP address contains 4 sets of numbers from 0 to 255. If you are wondering why? Then, it is because every device has a unique address that is connected to the internet. Therefore, the three first sets are the network ID, and the last three sets are the device ID.
Thus, the 192 is for the network ID in the above default IP address, and the last 168 100.1 is for the device ID. And, the most common default login username and password is the admin. If you want to access the router IP address, then in the address bar, type 192.168 100.1. After that, enter the username and the password and finally click on the Okay button. The common default login access is already mentioned above.
What is the Process to log in to 192.168 100.1?
If you want to access the router management interface, you first need to make sure that 192.168 100.1 is the default gateway address for the router or the modem. But, if it is not, you won’t be able to access the login page. And, even the browser won’t be able to reach the webpage. Thus, you have to ensure that 192.168 100.1 is the default gateway address. Then, you need to connect the device to the router. The following steps that are given will help you out.
- First, open the Web Browser where you want to access the internet.
- Now, in the Address bar, open a new tab and type 192.168 100.1 and finally press Enter.
- After that, you will see a login screen, and you just have to enter the username and the password to continue the process.
- You may also find the default login credentials on the box of the router. Now, you just have to login into the router management interface.
What is the Process to change the SSID and the Password for 192.168 100.1?
If you want to change the SSID and the password of 192.168 100.1. To help you out, a few specific router brands and their process of changing the SSID and the password are given below.
- First, you have to open the Web Browser and enter the IP address at the Address bar.
- After that, you need to enter the login details. And, for the default settings, you have to enter the username as admin and password as the password.
- Now, you have to go to the Wireless option, under Basic settings, followed by Enabling The SSID Broadcast option and then enter the WiFi name in the field name.
- Then, under the Security option, you have to select WPA2-PSK and finally enter the Password.
- Lastly, select the Apply option to update the network settings.
- You need to log in to the Management page of the router first. For the first time logging in, you have to create a password for security reasons. Some of the routers’ default username and password is admin.
- After that, go to the Basic And Wireless option.
- Under the Wireless option, you need to enter the new WiFi and password name.
- After that, save the settings. This will lead the router to implement the changes.
- Over here, you have to log in to the Web-Based Management page.
- Then, select the WiFi Settings followed by WiFi Basic Settings.
- Now, you have to enter the new name of the WiFi name.
- After that, select the WPA2-PSK in the security mode and enter the WiFi password.
- Finally, save the changes.
- Over here, you have to log in to the Router Management Interface. Just for your knowledge, the default username and the password are blank, and thus, it means that you need to leave the space blank.
- After logging in, you need to click on the Wireless tab. Different wireless settings are available here.
- The current SSID will be shown next to the SSID and the password to the WPA passphrase.
- If you want to change the SSID and password, then you can.
Problems Related 192.168 100.1
Few of the problems have been figured out that will help you in the way of solving them.
The password does not work
- If you notice that the password is not working, then there can be two possibilities. There can be a possibility that you have forgotten the password. The only way out is to perform a Factory Reset in such a situation.
- You just have to press the Reset button for at least 10 seconds and then push it forward. You will see the router is rebooting and using the default password, and you can log in again.
- In the second case, it might be possible that you are a bit confused about the default password. You can just search the password with the model name over the internet.
Cannot access anything
- If you face such a situation where you cannot access anything, that means the browser keeps on loading.
- If you see that you cannot access anything on 192.168 100.1, the reason behind this is the different default gateway addresses of your router. You need to find out the default gateway address of your router and use that as an IP address.
- It might be possible that you have mistaken 192.168 100.1 as an IP address. Often it has been seen that this is why users cannot access anything on the browser. Make sure you enter the address of the gateway properly.
So, this was all about 192.168 100.1. Every detail is given along with the common problems. The solutions are also mentioned so that you don’t face any difficulties. Hopefully, the above information will be helpful.