Netgear EX7300 deals with dead spots to ensure a seamless network connection at every corner of your house. The extender receives a signal from your router and improves it so that WiFi devices present on the network that can access the internet.
Thus, Netgear EX7300 acts as a connecting device between the router and devices within the range of the WiFi network. It also acts in the client mode with your router and in the server mode with various wireless devices. Moreover, it serves as an access point for various WiFi devices.
Factors to Consider During the Netgear EX7300 Setup:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving enough power from the electrical outlet otherwise, the setup will be interrupted.
- Don’t connect the range extender to a damaged or faulty power outlet to prevent short circuits.
- Ensure that your computer or device has a high-speed internet connection.
- Do not use a damaged or worn out ethernet cable.
- Place the extender at a distance from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, mobile devices, metal objects, etc.
- The range extender should not be kept far away from the router. In fact, it would be better if they are located in the same room.
- Enter the correct URL for the range extender in the address bar of your web browser.
- If any problem arises, then power cycle your range extender and start the setup from the beginning.
- Use the latest version of a web browser for your Netgear EX7300 setup.
- Update the firmware of your Netgear range extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
Step by Step Netgear EX7300 Setup Process:
It involves the following steps:
Manual Setup Method
- Plugin the Netgear range extender to a power outlet. Turn on the extender and place it close to your WiFi router.
- Connect one end of the range extender to the ethernet port of your router and the other end to the ethernet port of your computer/device.
- Press the Power button and the LED light on the range extender that turns green.
- Open a web browser on your computer or device and enter ‘www.mywifiext.net’ in the address bar.
- If you can’t find the login page, then use ‘ http://192.168.1.250’ address.
- The Netgear Installation Assistant appears and displays the steps for setting up your range extender.
- Check whether the Access Point/Extender switch is set ‘Extender.’ If not, then select the value and click the continue button.
- Scroll down the list of available networks and select your router’s WiFi network.
- Tap the ‘Next’ button and uncheck the boxes for ‘ 2.4 GHz WiFi and 5 GHz WiFi Networks.’
- Enter the username and password for your range extender and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Ensure that the WiFi-enabled device is connected to the extended network and hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will then receive a message for the successful connection of your device.
- Click ‘Next’ to access the registration page.
- Fill in the respective fields and click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup.
- If you can’t find a connection, then move the extender closer to your router and try the process again.
- After finding the best network connection, connect your wireless devices to the extended WiFi network.
WPS Setup Method
- Power on the Netgear EX7300 and place it close to your router.
- Connect the extender to an electrical outlet and wait until the Power LED lights green.
- Press the WPS button located on your range extender and check the LED light.
- If the LED displays a white light, then the connection between your router and the extender is good.
- Move the range extender to a new location and take your WiFi device to an area with a poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect the device to the extended network created by your Netgear range extender.
Hopefully, you will now be able to set up your Netgear range extender. If you have any doubts regarding how to setup Netgear ex7300 extender, then mention it in the comment section.