Netgear EX3700 is a Wi-Fi extender. This is somewhat different than a router. If you have a router in your house on the ground floor, then it might be possible that you don’t get a strong signal on the first floor. Then you should get a Netgear EX3700 for optimizing and extending your Wi-Fi range. This will not only extend the network coverage area but also improves the strength of the network.
If you have already bought the extender and looking for the Netgear EX3700 setup, then you are in the right place. Here you will get to know each and everything on the Netgear AC750 EX3700 setup.
Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender EX3700 Setup
You can increase the network coverage and the speed of the internet connection just by using Netgear EX3700. Before you get access to all these, you have to go through the Netgear EX3700 setup. Well, we have two different methods to install the Wi-Fi extender. Choose any of them according to your choice and reliability.
Method 1: Use A Web Browser
You can use this simple manual process to set up your Netgear extender. Here you have to use an address of a website to complete the Netgear EX3700 setup. Follow the steps below to accomplish the extender installation.
- Plug the power cable of the extender in the power socket. Turn on the Netgear EX3700.
- Wait a while until the power light of the extender becomes stable and solid green.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and connect the extender to the router. You may connect the extender to the modem, as well.
- Now, choose the ‘New Extender Setup’ option from the page.
- You have to select that particular Wi-Fi network that you like to extend. Continue with the Next option. Therefore, you have to provide all valid credentials to get access to the Wi-Fi connection. Again, click on Next.
- Now, you are ready to connect the wireless connection to the Netgear EX3700 extender. Click on Next followed by the Finish option to complete all the actions regarding the extender setup.
Now, you will certainly be able to connect to the network through the Netgear EX3700 Wi-Fi extender.
Method 2: Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup Function
You can use another function named WPS but you have to ensure that your router has the WPS button too. Otherwise, this trick won’t work. Go through the following process to complete the connection between the router and the extender.
- Turn on your Netgear EX3700 AC750.
- At first, you have to place the extender in the same room where the router resides.
- Plugin the power socket of the extender to a power source.
- Wait until you can notice a stable green light on your extender.
- Next, you have to press the WPS button on the Netgear EX3700.
- If you can notice a white light on your extender, then it means that there’s a well-established connection between your router and extender.
Now, you can place the extender where you need a strong network connection. Connect the extender to computers or other mobile devices. You can access the network wherever you want in your place.
Some Common Issues of Netgear EX3700:
Netgear EX3700 is an excellent extender if you keep some useful tips in your mind. Sometimes, you can face some issues while working under the extender. Some of the most common issues of Netgear EX3700 are:
- Mywifiext is not opening
- Incorrect password
- No internet
- Netgear Genie can’t open
- Lost configuration CD
- Connection issues
- LED lights are continuously blinking
- Update can’t take place
- MAC address filtering issues
- Connected to the internet, but not working
These are the most commonly occurring issues related to Netgear EX3700. Additionally, we have gathered some tips to overcome such issues.
Some Essential Tips to Strengthen your Network:
You need no other extra process to recover from all these issues. Simply you can simply follow the tips mentioned below. They really work pretty well for Netgear EX3700.
- Ensure that the power supply to the extender is uninterrupted.
- The power source should not be damaged or short-circuited.
- Refrain from using any faulty cables when you choose hard-wired connections.
- Keep the Netgear EX3700 away from walls. It restricts the network coverage.
- Also, make sure that you keep these things far away from your Netgear EX3700. Things like microwaves, fish tanks, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, and metallic objects can restrict network coverage and quality.
- If you face any issue regarding the connection, power cycle the extender.
- Check if you have entered the right URL in the address bar. Double-check the URL that you entered.
- You should always use updated web browsers while connecting the extender.
- If you find some issues regarding no internet and all, then update the firmware. You will get the compatible firmware from the official website of Netgear.
If nothing of the above helps you to eradicate the issue, reset your extender to its default settings. This will surely remove all the issues you are facing on Netgear EX3700.
Hopefully, you have learned how to perform the Netgear EX3700 setup. It’s very simple if you follow the above-mentioned steps one by one with sincerity. Now, you can enjoy uninterrupted network coverage. Even more, the network connection is enhanced enough that you can access the internet from any device in any room in your house.
Netgear EX3700 allows you to access the internet even from 100 feet away. Hence, a Netgear extender is way more convenient to access the internet.