Linksys routers are one of the renowned routers in the world. If you are a user of Linksys routers, then you might have witnessed the term: myrouter.local. You are aware that you need to access your router’s web interface to log into the Linksys router. And, myrouter.local is the definite web address you can use to log into your router.
Apart from logging into your Linksys router, you have to use the same myrouter.local for different configurations. For example, it can help you with port forwarding, wireless network security, wireless network setup, LAN setup, and much more. In case you are wondering about how you can log into myrouter.local, then this guide can assist you with the overall process. Let’s get started.
Login Process to Myrouter.local
Congratulations on your recent purchase of a Linksys router. Hopefully, you have unboxed your router. You might be trying to connect the router to your home or office network. Before that, you have to launch the myrouter.local page and log into the Linksys router web page.
Follow the detailed instructions to reach myrouter.local and access the login page:
- Turn on your Linksys router. The next thing you have to do is connect your router and other network-enabled devices. And, for the sake of simplicity, choose your PC.
- Don’t take any chances and withdraw the wireless connection for the first time. Get an ethernet cable and connect the router to your computer. If an ethernet cable is not currently available, you have no other options than going wireless.
- Check if your PC connects to the Linksys router. On your computer, explore a web browser of your choice.
- Type “https://myrouter.local” in the address bar of the browser. Tap the Enter button. Well, you can replace the web address with 192.168.1.1. This is the default IP address for the web interface of myrouter.local.
- Once the login page appears, you must provide the right username and password. Basically, the default username for Linksys router is null, and the password is admin. Enter them and check if the myrouter.local permits you to log into the web interface.
So, this is the easiest way to access the myrouter.local page for your Linksys router. And, from this web interface, you can land on different configuration and settings pages.
Can you Change the Router Password with Myrouter.local?
Yes, it’s possible to change your Linksys router’s password by visiting the Myrouter.local page. Basically, the default password of your Linksys router can be guessed easily. This is why you should prefer changing the password for security purposes.
Here’s how you can modify your Linksys router’s password:
- Explore the web browser and type “https://myrouter.local” or enter 192.168.1.1. This will head you towards the web interface of the Linksys router.
- After you have successfully logged into the interface by filling the username and password boxes, you must choose the Wireless tab.
- Opt for the Wireless Settings option.
- Make sure that you carefully enter the new password in the passphrase field. Confirm your new password by entering it once more in the next passphrase field.
- Don’t forget to save the changes. And, to do that, choose Save Settings.
Now, the password of your router has been changed successfully. After modifying the router password, the router will readily disconnect itself from all the logged-in devices. So, you have to initiate the connection with your router from the beginning.
Want to Change the Web-based Page Password for your Linksys Router?
When you are talking about the default password for the router, it’s not the same as your wireless network password. You can escalate the security for your router by simply changing the router’s default password by accessing myrouter.local page. The process of changing this password is similar to changing the wireless network password.
Check the following instructions for better understanding:
- Enter https://myrouter.local on the address bar of your web browser.
- Now, go to the administration tab.
- Choose Management from the left pane of the window.
- You have to enter a new password in the field. Additionally, you have to re-enter the same password to confirm the new password.
- The next step is to go for the Save Settings option.
Check if you have changed the default administrative password for your Linksys router.
How to Retrieve a Password When you have Forgotten it?
Users have reported that they could not log into the router interface as they had forgotten their password. If it’s the same instance for you, then you can’t access the myrouter.local interface. In this case, there’s no other way than going for a factory reset on your router.
Check out the instructions to factory reset the Linksys router:
- Locate the Reset button from the rear side of the Linksys router. It’s practically hidden behind your router. Ensure that your router is active.
- Keep a paper clip or needle object ready. You need to hold the Reset button with the clip or needle for up to 15 seconds.
- Release the Reset button after 15 seconds. The LED lights on your Linksys router will start blinking, and this means that the router is rebooting.
After the LEDs achieve a steady light, everything has been back to the factory default settings. Now, you can log into the myrouter.local by using ‘admin’ password.
Well, these are a few tasks that you can perform on your Linksys router by using myrouter.local interface. You are free to restrict internet access on definite days and timings through the same portal. Basically, you can address most router issues through myrouter.local.