TP-Link Extender Login Process – 2 Easy Ways
Without the internet, you can’t imagine a single service nowadays. However, users keep complaining about the coverage of the internet network. Well, the image is almost the same whether it’s home or office. To amplify the strength and coverage of the network, users have to rely upon range extenders. Among all the brands available, TP-Link extenders are pretty durable and renowned.
If you’re using or have just bought a TP-Link extender to increase the coverage, then you have to configure the extender. To configure the extender, one must perform the TP-Link extender login procedure. If you are not tech-savvy, you might require a little help with the TP-Link extender login process. Let’s discover how you can log in to your TP-Link extender.
Use the Tether Application for TP-Link Extender Login
If it’s a brand new TP-Link extender, then it should be compatible with the Tether application. Tether is a dedicated application for TP-Link routers and extenders to make the configurations possible. With the help of Tether, users need not log into the web interface of the TP-Link devices. Using the Tether app, you can easily switch among configurations for the smooth functioning of the network devices.
If you haven’t downloaded the Tether app yet, then you have to download it from a reliable source. If you want to install the application on your Android smartphone, then the app is readily available on Google Play Store.
If you own an iPhone or iPad, you can install the same app from the App Store. Once you are ready with the Tether app, you can proceed with the following guidelines:
- First, connect your TP-Link extender to the network-enabled device of your choice.
- Explore the Tether application on that particular device.
- Press the TP-Link extender on the screen to initiate the login process. Enter the username and password for your extender for a successful TP-Link extender login.
When using the TP-Link extender for the first time, make sure that you have created a new username and password. Remember, you should not use any special characters for the credentials. This step is crucial to keep your extender safe from security vulnerabilities. You can use the same credentials to secure the TP-Link extender login.
TP-Link Extender Login Through Web Interface
If you don’t want to manage your extender via your smartphones, then there are other options available. There are other ways to configure the extender rather than using the Tether app. This method requires a web browser and the web address http://tplinkrepeater.net. Let’s check out the process for Windows and Mac devices.
For Windows Users
Here, we have chosen RE305 for the demonstration. The steps for your TP-Link extender login might vary a little depending on the model of the device. Here’s how to perform TP-Link extender login on a Windows device:
- Place the TP-Link extender near the host router and plug its power cable into the nearest electrical outlet. You need to wait for the Power LED of the extender to turn on.
- Now, you have to connect your Windows computer to the wireless network emerging from the TP-Link extender. Ensure that you have selected the right SSID and connected the computer to the right network.
- If there’s an ethernet cable connected to your computer, remove it. Now, click the Wi-Fi icon from the Taskbar and choose the extender SSID. It should look like any of these: TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz or TP-LINK_Extender_5GHz or simply, TP-LINK_Extender.
- After successfully connecting to the wireless network from the extender, you have to launch a web browser. You can go for the default browser or any other browser. Now, go to the browser’s Address Bar and type the IP address: 192.168.0.254. Or, you can simply enter this web address: http://tplinkrepeater.net.
- Finally, you must provide the dedicated username and password for the TP-Link extender login process.
Hopefully, you have entered the web interface of the TP-Link extender for configurations and settings.
For Mac Users
The TP-Link extender login for Mac devices is almost the same as a Windows computer. There are changes in the intermediate steps for the TP-Link extender login process.
Let’s take a look at the procedure.
- Start with plugging into the power cable of the TP-Link extender to a power supply. You should position the extender near the main router of your network. The Power LED should be solid, and only then you can proceed to the next step.
- Afterwards, it’s your turn to connect your Mac device to the wireless network of the TP-Link extender.
- You need to use the wireless means for this step. So, detach any ethernet cable from your Mac device.
- The Wi-Fi icon on any Mac device is usually at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on the Wi-Fi icon and select the right SSID for the extender’s network.
- Open the default browser, Safari, on your Mac device, or you can choose any other third-party browser. You have to go to the Address Bar and type “http://tplinkrepeater.net”. Otherwise, you can simply put the IP address, which is 192.168.0.254. After that, press Enter, and it will redirect you to the TP-Link extender login page.
All that is left is to fill in the username and password fields. If you’re logging into the web interface for the first time, then you need to set the username and password for the extender.
Now, there are chances that you might experience a little trouble with the TP-Link extender login. The glitches might arise from internet connectivity. If you want to keep things smooth enough, then you can try another web browser on the same computer and check if the issue is still there. On the other hand, you can simply move on to another computer. Or, you can simply use your smartphone and download the Tether app for a seamless TP-Link extender login process.