How To Setup Netgear WN1000RP With 2 Easy Methods
WN1000RP is a wireless extender that can boost up the speed of the Wi-Fi network. You can connect it with the printers and scanners. You should keep the WN1000RP, wireless computer and wireless router in the same room to avoid further wireless interference.
Installing the Netgear WN1000RP is quite easy and simple. Follow this guide to get a stable connection. There are mainly two ways through which you can connect the WN100ORP with WiFi-enabled devices. Here, we are going to discuss those two methods.
2 Easy Methods for Netgear WN1000RP Setup
In this section, we are going to talk about the most appropriate ways to set up. Let’s begin the setup process by using the WPS Method. Next, we are going to talk about how to manually set up the Netgear WN1000RP.
Method 1: WPS Method
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that establishes a connection between a router and a wireless device.
By just connecting both the devices you can get a fast and secure connection. In order to proceed with the Netgear WN1000RP setup, you need to perform the following steps:
- First, you need to plug the WiFi extender into a power outlet.
- Now, turn on the WN1000RP by holding the Power On/Off button.
- Wait for a while, until the Status light turns into green.
- Now, hold the WPS button of the WN1000RP.
- Turn on the WPS button of the wireless router next.
- When the Wi-Fi extender and the router will set up a connection, the Link Rate will light up.
Now, check if the “WiFi Device to Booster” light is turning turn on. If it turns on, then it is a clear indication that you have successfully set up the WNM100RP router. If you are still unable to set up the device, you can check out the next method, which is mentioned below.
Also Read: Netgear CM500 Setup
Method 2: Apply Manual Method
You can simply set up the extender by just using a Web Browser. This section consists of the procedure on how to set up the extender. In order to establish a connection, you need to execute the following steps:
- First, you need to plug in the router and the power booster into the electrical outlet.
- Wait for a while until the WN100RP status light is turning green.
- Now, you can connect the network to the Wi-Fi booster.
- Open a Web browser and then go to the official website of the Netgear WN100RP.
- Follow the instructions that are showing on the screen to finish the setup process.
These were the possible ways to set up a wireless network. If you face any difficulty, state that through comment sections. For further assistance check our website for any tech-related guides.