Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7000 | Netgear r8900 is one of the fastest routers for media streaming with Plex media server. But, to make this device work smoothly and efficiently, the first thing you will have to perform its setup process.
If you are unaware of how to set up a Nighthawk X10 AD7000 router, you can go through the below section carefully. Here we are going to provide a few steps that can help you to set up the router on your own.
Easy Steps to Perform Netgear Nighthawk x10(Netgear r8900)Manual Setup
You can set up the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7000 in two ways- either by using the Nighthawk app or by using the Routerlogin.net Wizard. Both processes are discussed below. You can perform the methods as per your choice:
Method 1: Using Netgear Nighthawk Application
You can set up your Nighthawk X10 AD7000 router easily by using the Nighthawk app. To do that, have a look at the steps provided below:
- In the beginning, attach the antennas to the router and then connect the modem with it.
- Afterward, press the power button and hold it for a few seconds until the power LED lit.
- Now, download and install the Netgear Nighthawk application on your smartphone.
- After completing the installation process, open the app and complete the setup process by following the on-screen instructions.
If you face any kind of difficulties while applying the above steps, then you can use the next method in order to set up your Netgear R8900 router.
Method 2: Using Routerlogin.net Wizard
For the convenience of the Netgear users, we have sub-divided the entire setup process into two parts. You can follow them at their respective order:
Step 1: Router Configuration
Before going to log into the Netgear router, first, connect the device physically by performing the steps as follows:
- First, remove the cables that are attached to the modem. Then, connect the power cable to the power outlet. Check the power indicator to make sure that the device is turned On.
- Now, connect the modem with the Nighthawk X10 AD7000 router.
- Next, connect the PC with the router and connect the power cable of the router to the power supply. Check the LED light of the device to ensure that the device is on.
Step 2: Router Login
Once you complete the router configuration, you can log into the web interface of your Netgear router by following the steps given below:
- In the beginning, open a web browser.
- Enter the IP address of your Netgear router in the address bar.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to continue.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the login credentials. Enter the username and password in the respective field.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button. It will redirect you to the home screen of the device.
- Next, complete the further process by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: To check the IP address and login credentials of your Netgear router, you go through the Netgear Nighthawk X10 manual. Now, you have successfully set up the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7000 router.
How to Update Netgear R8900 Firmware?
Updating the firmware of your Netgear R8900 is necessary as it can help you to fix various problems with your Netgear router. Moreover, it also provides new functionalities to the router.
You can perform the below steps to update the Netgear R8900 firmware:
- Open a web browser and then go to the Download center of Netgear.
- Type “netgear nighthawk x10 ad7000 firmware” in the search bar.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to search for the latest firmware.
- Once you get the latest version of the Netgear firmware, click on the Download button. Now, go to ‘routerlogin.net’.
- Provide the login details in the corresponding field and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Click on the Advanced button by going to the Administrator section.
- After that, click on the ‘Firmware Update’ button from the next page.
- Lastly, click on the Upload button and then tap on the newly-downloaded file.
We hope, the above steps will help you to set up the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7000 without any hassle. To get more information on this router, you can follow our website regularly.