Netgear is famous and the most used brand because of its networking-based products. It manufactures routers, Switches, Security IP cameras devices. In terms of better servicing, Netgear keeps itself in the first row for providing the best service to its users. So without further dilemma, make up a decision of buying Netgear R6700 Nighthawk model. This product of Netgear is not only available at a lower cost but at the same time very efficient in providing better connectivity to its users.
If you are searching for a better quality router device then this will be the one that will meet all your needs. Hence, let us check some of its features which makes it a user-friendly combination.
Specifications Of Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC 1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router
This is a Netgear product that comes with many useful facilities that make people fall in love with the product. Take a deeper look into the amazing features-
Best WiFi Technology
If you want to get an 802.11 ac Dual Band Gigabit technology in your WiFi device, then this is what this product delivers. This 802.11 ac dual-band is much faster nearly above three times than the old 802. This dual-band technology enables you to connect your device with a minimum of 250 Mbit/s and an upper limit of 433 Mbit/s.
The AC 1750 WiFi with extended antennas enhances your experience up to 450+ 1300 Mbps. Not only that but you can also be able to connect your preferred device (Smart Phones or Laptops) in a range of very large homes.
In the case, of WiFi Band, you will get it running the dual-band simultaneously with the ranges of 2.4 and 5 GHz.
Number Of USB Ports
This device specifies by a single USB port of 3.0.
Number Of Ethernal Ports
It is found that this product comes with 5 Ethernet ports specified by a single WAN and 4 LAN. And, the description of the speed range is 10/ 100/ 1000 Mb per second.
Signal Processing Technique
On this Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band, Smart WiFi Router performs with a Beamforming+ technique.
Important Product Features
Before buying, consumers generally look for the features of the product whether it meets their needs. So let us check the special features which this product comes with.
- AC 1750 WiFi accelerates this product speed up to the range of 450+ 1300 Mb per second.
- It supports the technology of a 1 GHz Dual Core Processor.
- The key feature of this product includes that it helps you to play any advanced game in a lag-free environment.
- It automatically adjusts the bandwidth for streaming videos or music.
- By using this router you can connect to 12 or more devices with your WiFi network.
- The addition of this Beamforming technology on this product boosts the range along with the performance for both 2.4 and 5 GHz devices.
- This Netgear router enables wide WiFi coverage because of the availability of high-powered amplifiers and antennas.
- This provides you with a better Quality of Service (QoS) while running an online game and also, improves your video streaming experience.
- At the time of slower device connection, Airtime fairness comes in function to overcome you from entering into a network lag.
- Customized free Uniform Resource Locator (URL) helps to set up personal FTP(File Transfer Protocol) server.
- Backing up the Netgear software is automatic for Windows users and the Time Machine compatible for Macs.
Security, Processor, And The Supportable Memory Details
Lack of customizing URL helps to set up the particular FTP server.
VPN supports perform to complete the secure remote access
Both the separate and secure guest network access is present.
WiFi Protected Access is available as WPA/ WPA2- PSK.
By using this Netgear router device, the Double firewall protection gets enabled (SPI and NAT).
It also saves the network from a Denial of Service (DoS) attack.
1GHz dual-core is the processor, which this device supports.
And the flash memory is 128 MB with a RAM value of 256 MB.
Disadvantage Of The R6700 Nighthawk Netgear Router
The list of disadvantages is as follows.
- This device is larger in size compared to the others.
- It includes the unsatisfactory throughput speeds on the 2 GHz band.
- The firmware which comes with this installation disk is mediocre, but nothing to worry about this. You can upgrade it to ‘dd-wrt’ or ‘tomato’ from the Netgear online software store.
This Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi router comes in the dimensions as 11.22 inches in length, 7.26 inches in width and 1.97 inches in thickness. And, in terms of the millimeter, the dimension is 285*184.5*50.
It weighs about 1.65 in pounds or 750 in grams.
Components That Comes With The Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC 1750 Smart WiFi Router
This Netgear router package contents-
- Three Detachable antennas.
- Ethernet Cable to connect.
- Power Adapter.
- An Installation Guidebook.
- A warranty card.
The standard of this Netgear router product is as follows.
- A single USB cable with a 3.0 port.
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz.
- IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac 5.0GHz.
- 5 Ethernet ports which include 1 WAN and 4 LAN with 10/ 100/ 1000 Mb per second.
Special Requirements For Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router
To install this Netgear product follow the requirements given below.
This Netgear router supports all Windows OS. Mac, UNIX, and Linus are the other Operating System which this device supports.
All the updating browsers also support this device. The version of the browsers is as follows Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
Reasons For Picking Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC 1750 Smart WiFi Router
The above description will be enough for you to choose the Nighthawk AC 1750 Smart WiFi router as your home asset. By getting this device in your home you can browse the internet without lagging. And, also, you can get the connection to your device at a little far distance of the place where you plan to install your router.