How to Setup Netgear Nighthawk App and Know It’s Features and Advantages
The Netgear Nighthawk app is a popular app specifically designed to complete the setup process of the Netgear router. With the help of this application, you can perform the setup process, install, as well as configure the Netgear router with a few easy steps.
Here, we are about to discuss the important facts of the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC. In addition, you will know how to set up a Netgear router and how to change the SSID and password of the device using this app.
Advantages of Using Netgear Nighthawk App for Windows 10
The Netgear Nighthawk app lets the users control and monitor the wireless home network with ease at any time and from anywhere in your home. You can connect your Netgear router to the desktop, laptop, or smartphone easily with the currently existing Wi-Fi network of the router.
With the help of this application, you will be able to pause the internet connection on your wireless or wired device at any time using its automatic dashboard. Furthermore, you can also run a test of Internet speed using this application.
Additionally, this application comes with the Remote Management advanced feature. It allows the users to set up voice command support like ‘Amazon Alexa’ and ‘Google Assistance’ for the Wi-Fi network of your home.
Once you complete the setup process successfully, you will be able to control everything on the Netgear router using the Nighthawk app.
How to Download the Netgear Nighthawk App?
You can download the Netgear Nighthawk application from the Google Play Store. Else, you can visit the official website of Netgear and go to the Download page. From here, you can also download the Nighthawk application on your PC.
Advanced Features of Netgear Nighthawk App
There are several exciting features of the Nighthawk app. You can follow the features described below:
Wi-Fi Configuration Settings:
It allows the user to configure the SSID or network name, security key, and security method of the wireless network.
Connected Device List:
On this application, you can see a complete list of all the active devices that are connected with the home network of your Netgear router.
Guest Wi-Fi Network Zone:
This feature allows users to connect with the permitted Wi-Fi network. So, you only can have Wi-fi network access. For this process, you will have to create a long and strong security key that holds at least 16 characters. Make sure that you have included special characters in the password. Further, you need to change the password within every 2 months period due to security reasons.
Wi-Fi Sharing with QR Code:
There is a QR code in the Nighthawk application. With the help of this code, you will be able to share the Wi-Fi details such as login credentials with ease.
You can run an Internet speed test using this app. This app holds the previous tests result in its ‘Internet Test History’ tab. You can use the famous Internet speed test method Ookla with the help of this app.
Smart Parental Control is another advanced feature of the Nighthawk app. Often, it becomes necessary to keep your kids away from malicious as well as harmful websites. This feature allows the users to monitor as well as control the Internet activity of their children.
Traffic Meter and Remote Management:
This app allows you to control and monitor the Wi-Fi Internet traffic of your Netgear router. Apart from this, with the help of this app, you can disable or enable remote access to the router.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup
You can install your router with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk application. To do this, you can apply the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, attach the antennas that come with the device. And, then connect the modem with the internet port of the router.
- Now, turn the device On. Wait for a few seconds until the Wi-Fi LED indicator starts blinking.
- If the Netgear Nighthawk app is not installed on your device, then you will have to download and install it right now. Or, if it exists then skip this step.
- Open the Settings app on your device and go to the Wi-Fi section. Then, connect with the Wi-Fi network of the router.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the login credentials. You can check the credentials on the router label. Enter them in their corresponding field.
- Afterward, launch the Netgear Nighthawk application. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the device and to connect with the internet.
How to Change the SSID (Network Name) and Password of your Netgear Router Using the Nighthawk App?
To change the SSID and password of your router, you can follow the steps stated below:
- First, connect your smartphone, computer, or laptop with the existing Wi-Fi network of the router. Then, open the Netgear Nighthawk application.
- Enter the username and password in the corresponding field. Tap on the Login button to sign into the local setup page. It will redirect you to ‘mywifiext.net’.
- It will redirect you to the Dashboard. Tap on the ‘Wi-Fi’ Settings option and then enter the SSID that you want to set in the ‘Wi-Fi Network Name’ field.
- Afterward, enter the password that you want to set on the ‘Network Security Key’ field. Tap on the Save button to complete the process.
It will save the settings. Now, you have successfully changed the SSID and password of your Netgear router.
Hopefully, the above section will help you to manage your Netgear router easily with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk app. If you want to read more on a similar topic, you can follow our post.