Netgear is a well-known brand of routers which has come up with various router models. Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 is one of the widely used routers that involves a complicated setup.
Generally, routers come with user manuals where the setup process is explained. Despite this manual, you might find it difficult to set up your router. Therefore, we have explained the setup process as simple as possible here.
Steps for Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup:
You can set up your router by following the steps given below:
Preparations for Setup
- Make sure that the Netgear router is getting enough power and connect the attached cabled correctly.
- Make sure that you are not using an outdated web browser.
- Clear the cache and cookies for a smooth procedure.
- If too many devices are connected to the network you are using, then shift to another network or remove them.
- If your computer is using any proxy servers, then disable them. Turn off the Firewall as well.
Attach the Antennas
- Remove the antenna caps from the antenna posts on your router and attach the antennas on the threaded antennas posts.
- The antennas should be positioned correctly to maximize the WiFi performance.
- According to Netgear, the central antenna should be placed vertically and the others at 45degree angles.
Prepare the Modem
- Unplug the modem from your router and remove the battery if it has a battery backup.
- After a few seconds, reinsert the battery of the modem and connect it to the yellow internet port from the cable.
- Wait until the Power LED light turns white. It indicates that the router is ready for use.
Connect the Router to a Computer
- You can use an ethernet cable for connecting your router to the computer.
- If your PC supports a wireless connection, then connect the router through WiFi.
- Check the label on the router for the network name and password.
Log in to the Router
- Open a web browser and enter ‘www.routerlogin.net in’ the address bar.
- The computer will take you to the login page of your router.
- Now type ‘admin’ and ‘password’ in the fields assigned for the username and password respectively.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the router setup.
Note: Both username and password are case sensitive. Thus, you have to carefully enter the login credentials.
Several users have performed Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup by following the steps mentioned in this article. Still, some of them have encountered issues during the setup process.
For instance, you might find it difficult to log in to your Netgear router login page. In such a situation, reboot the entire network and power cycle the router. If the problem persists, then look for a reliable router technician nearby.