A range extender aims at strengthening the signal strength for devices. Thus, you can overcome the challenges available in the network that you are using.
Several users setup Netgear n300 WiFi range extender to improve the signal strength for their device. It is a powerful range extender that can work with many devices.
Perhaps, you have a Netgear n300 range extender but unable to install it correctly for your computer. Thus, you can refer to the information given below, to set up this range extender without any hassles.
Process of Netgear n300 WiFi Range Extender Setup Through an Ethernet Cable:
- Use an ethernet cable for connecting the range extender to your computer.
- Open a web browser and enter ‘ http://mywifiext.net’ in the address field.
- After accessing the login page enter ‘admin’ as the default username and ‘password’ as the default password.
- If you have changed the username and password, then enter the new ones.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button and go to the ‘Setup’ menu.
- Click ‘Wireless Settings’ and choose ‘Security Options’ under it.
- Make sure that the value in the ‘Password (Network Key)’ field matches your router password.
- You will need to change the password if both the passwords are different.
- Tap the ‘Apply’ button and reconnect your WiFi devices to your range extender.
Netgear n300 WiFi Range Extender Setup Wirelessly
- Locate the Factory Settings button on the side panel of the range extender.
- Press and hold the button for 7 seconds at least.
- Open the WiFi menu on your computer or mobile and connect to the default WiFi network of the range extender.
- Open a web browser, type ‘ http://mywifiext.net’ in the URL bar and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
- Again your computer displays the login page of the router.
- Enter ‘admin’ as the username and password as the ‘password.’
- Tap the ‘Login’ button and follow the on-screen wizards to reconnect the range extender to your home network.
- Connect back the WiFi devices and ensure that you have completed the setup successfully.
It was all about how to setup Netgear n300 wifi range extender. Leave your feedback if you have any doubts regarding the steps mentioned here.
If you fail to log in to your Netgear range extender, then verify the login credentials. Power cycle the range extender if you encounter any issue while setting up the range extender.