Perhaps, you are aware of the dead zones around your home where the Wi-Fi signal hardly reaches when you rely upon a single router. Range extenders are an excellent invention to repeat and broadcast Wi-Fi signals across your home. When it comes to Wi-Fi extenders or repeaters, Netgear EX2700 is one of the brilliant options available in the market.
If you have set up the device at your home, you might want to reconfigure it. A quick Netgear EX2700 reset can instantly help eliminate all the network settings in a single click. On the other hand, you might need to reset your Netgear extender when you fail to log into the web interface of the extender.
Hence, if you are a new user, then you might be looking for a brilliant Netgear EX2700 reset procedure to overcome your situation. A hard reset might be an instant relief to you. However, you can use the admin portal to reset your Netgear extender, as well.
Here, we have listed all possible methods for a Netgear EX2700 reset. Let’s get started.
Netgear EX2700 Reset: Manual Process
You can roll back your Netgear extender to its factory settings through an easy Netgear EX2700 reset process. Here, you will come across the manual or hard reset formula to your Netgear Ex2700 device.
This is extremely helpful when you can’t log into the admin portal of the Netgear extender. If you forget the username or password to enter the web interface of the Netgear extender, then you have to go for this only operation.
This Netgear EX2700 reset has only one backdrop – you can’t access the web interface with the same username and password unless they were default. On the other hand, it will erase the SSID, Wi-Fi password, and other networking information for your Netgear Ex2700 appliance.
You have to set those credentials again after resetting the extender and entering the web GUI with default login credentials. Here’s what you need to follow for a successful Netgear EX2700 reset operation:
- Insert the power cord of the extender into a nearby electrical outlet. Power on the Netgear extender.
- The extender will take some time to get stable. Once it reaches a stable position, a green light will show up.
- Next, you need to find the Factory reset button or hole on the extender. Refer to the extender manual to know the exact location of the Factory Reset hole or button.
- Grab yourself a hard pin or paper clip to press and hold the button or hole for 8 to 10 seconds.
- The LEDs might start flashing. Release the button and wait until the green light shows up on the Netgear extender.
Netgear EX2700 Reset Using a Web Browser Instead
This is a special case when you can access the web interface of your Netgear extender. It’s not for those who have forgotten their login credentials. If you want to wipe out some basic networking preferences in a few clicks, then you can go for this.
Remember that you should know the username and password to the web GUI of the extender before you go for this Netgear EX2700 reset operation.
Additionally, you should note down those details regarding your Netgear extender and its networking solutions. Take a backup of your Netgear extender device’s details for safety and security purposes.
Next, you can proceed with the following steps for Netgear EX2700 reset:
- Connect your PC to the network of your Netgear extender.
- Explore a web browser of your preference on your PC.
- Go to the following web address through the address bar of the browser: http://www.mywifiext.net.
- A login window will appear, where you have to provide your Email address and the corresponding password.
- After that, proceed with the ‘LOG IN’ button, and it will take you to the Netgear Genie page.
- Opt for the Menu icon and go for Settings. Next, you have to click the Other Settings.
- Afterwards, locate the Reset option and click on it. Allow the prompt with a click on the OK button.
Now, your Netgear Ex2700 reset operation will be launched. The Wi-Fi extender might reboot to complete the factory reset.
30-30-30 Reset Procedure for any Networking Device
Though every modern networking component comes with a dedicated button for resetting purposes, the hard reset process might not always be successful. Instead, you can try the universal 30-30-30 reset process for your Netgear extender.
The process might seem a bit difficult to execute but will give you 100% desired results for your Netgear Wi-Fi extender. Here’s what you have to go through:
- Ensure that your extender is turned on. Now, find the Reset hole or button on your extender. Use a paper clip or any hard pin to press and hold the Reset button or hole for 30 seconds.
- After that, unplug the power cable of the Netgear extender while holding the reset button. Once done, you have to press and hold the Reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Next, you have to plug the power cable into the electrical outlet while holding the reset button in its place. Power on the Netgear router and hold the Reset button for 30 seconds.
This should help you implement a Netgear EX2700 reset in a universal way. Check if it has taken your Wi-Fi extender to its factory default settings.
How to Log Back into the Web Portal of the Netgear EX2700 Device?
Once you have completed the Netgear EX2700 reset operation, you can enter the web GUI of the extender through the default IP address and login credentials. First, power on your Netgear EX2700 device and connect it to your main router.
Establish a connection between your computer and the Wi-Fi extender. Open a web browser and enter the following web address: http://www.mywifiext.net.
You need to provide the default login credentials. Click the Login button, allowing you to enter the Netgear Genie interface. Now, you can easily configure your extender after a Netgear EX2700 reset by using the Menu option.
It’s better to start with a firmware upgrade if a new version is available. Afterwards, you can configure your Wi-Fi extender and its security features.