Computers as gadgets have evolved immensely over time. From one taking up a whole room to desktop PCs to laptops, we have seen it change and changed our lives with it. With years of technological development, Microsoft especially has contributed to the industry taking major strides. Today, the company has almost every type of products to showcase. One such new device is the Microsoft Surface Laptop 2. The PC has taken the global market by storm and customers are extremely happy to eager to get their hands on one.
In this article, we are going to take an in-depth look at the Surface Laptop 2. If you are thinking about buying one for yourself, then this article can help you out in making your decision. We’ll take a close look at the specifications that it brings to the table and also helps to understand why the Surface Laptop 2 is better its competitors.
Why Choose Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 As Your Next PC?
Firstly, Microsoft has always been a name one can trust. With years of producing quality devices and internal components, the company has been a dependable name for users. No matter what newer companies come into the limelight, Microsoft always has its loyal users who choose their products over others.
As per market review, the Surface Laptop 2 seems to an extremely progressive device. Before delving into the details let’s first check out the specs of the device.
- Device Dimensions: 12.13” x 8.79” x .57” (308.1 mm x 223.27 mm x 14.48 mm).
- Built Material: Aluminum.
- Colors: Burgundy/Platinum/Cobalt Blue/Black2.
- Physical Buttons: Power and Volume.
- Display: 13.5” PixelSense™ Display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3.
- Resolution: 2256 x 1504 (201 PPI) with 3.4 million pixels.
- Aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Surface Pen: Enabled.
- Touch Input: 10 point multi-touch.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 8th Gen i5/i7.
- Graphics: For i5 Edition- Intel® UHD Graphics 620 and For i7 Edition: Intel® UHD Graphics 620.
- RAM: 8GB/16GB.
- Battery: 14.5 hours of continuous video playback.
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB SSD.
- USB: 1 USB 3.0 port.
- Headphones: 3.5 mm Headphone Jack.
- Audio: Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby® Audio™ Premium.
- Extended Display: Yes (Mini Display Port).
- Surface Port: Yes (1 Surface Connect Port).
- Security: TPM 2.0 chip for enterprise security
Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in.
- Camera: 720p HD front-facing camera with Windows Hello face authentication camera.
- Software: Windows 10 Home/ Pro with 30-day MS-Office 365 free trial.
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor.
- Wireless: Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compatible Bluetooth with Wireless 4.1 technology.
- Weight: i5 Edition 2.76 lbs/ i7 Edition 2.83 lbs (1,283 grams).
- Warranty: 1-year company hardware warranty.
So, that was a quick look into the components that you get to use when you opt for Microsoft Surface Laptop 2. But, if you are not a tech-geek, these details can be a bit confusing.
An In-Depth Analysis Of Surface Laptop 2
Back in 2017, when Microsoft released it’s dedicated laptop, it was kind of shocking. The Surface Laptop (first edition) was no doubt a welcome device and got good market feedback. It was the first of its kind, a laptop developed solely by the developer of the most popular Operating System developer.
The Surface Laptop 2 is no doubt living up to the expectations. While the Microsoft hasn’t changed much, yet the sequel is pretty much worthy of its name. Its powerful and gives a pure Windows 10 experience.
While Surface Laptop 2 could have got have used some updated ports (only if the number of ports was increased), still, it is good enough. Especially, beacuse of it’s out of the box 13.5 inches display. On the other hand, the internal hardware improvements make it an extremely powerful and pure bliss to work on. It is definitely can be considered among the best laptops of 2018.
Design and Display
The Surface Laptop 2 is definitely an upgrade in this regard. There different variants to choose from the classic all black to new variation like burgundy. Also, it’s thin, it is light and extremely easy to move about with. So, it is kind of perfect for students and working professionals.
When considering the display quality, the colors are rich and vibrant. The pictures and videos are sharp and crisp with an extremely deep feeling of black. On the other hand, the 3:2 aspect ratio is kind of a drawback, especially when watching 16:9 videos.
Performance And Features
Before the launch, Microsoft made bold claims about the device. They promised an 84% upgrade to its predecessor and introducing quad-core processors to the range.
If you are looking for a powerful PC to handle fast computing and multiple tasks at the same time, Surface Laptop 2 won’t let you down. It can perform tasks like editing videos and pictures extremely efficiently. Also, packing a heavy-duty battery you never have to worry about losing progress midway.
So, if you are looking to buy a new laptop with top-class features and dependable battery life, you can choose Microsoft Surface Laptop 2. It lives up to the brand’s name and definitely a worthy successor in the series.
Surface Laptop 2 is definitely a worthwhile device and gives a true Windows experience. It is as powerful to it’s contemporary if not better. So, if wish to trust Microsoft with its devices like with its Operating Systems, you can definitely go for it.