When you establish network connectivity, then picking up the Xfinity modem is the best option for availing of a secure connection. Without setting up the modem, you won’t be able to use the modem further. Not only that but also, you need to activate that wireless device after a successful installation.
Here, we are going to highlight the entire Xfinity modem setup process with step by step guidance. However, don’t waste your valuable time without connecting with an expert team for further assistance.
How to Setup Modem Xfinity?
To set up the Xfinity modem, you might install the device first and then activate the Xfinity modem under Comcast. Therefore, go through the following steps and perform the Xfinity modem setup with ease.
Step 1: Install the Xfinity Modem
It is the primary step to the entire setup process. It is the most basic but important step as you can’t activate the modem without installation. Do the following steps and complete the first step of the installation.
- First, install the modem to the existing cable outlet and you might pass through the cables through the same outlet. Then, install splitter to separate the outlet and therefore, you can use your RG6 coax cables for splitting purposes.
- Now, plug-in the modem to the coax cable and turn on the modem. Disconnect old equipment
- Wait until the green LED appears on the modem that is the indication of its ONLINE status.
- After modem reaches to its solid-state, you need to go to the Xfinity Comcast portal.
- Then, install it online securely and start the activation process by following the next step.
Step 2: Xfinity Self-Activation Process
After installation, the most crucial step is the activation process. Here, we are going to discuss the self-activation process. Therefore, you might perform this step with self-confidence and it is not possible if you are not a tech-savvy person.
Therefore, you can follow these steps sequentially.
- Close all web browsers and exit from the background running programs from your system.
- Now, launch a fast web browser and type “comcast.com/activate ” in the address bar. Then, press the Enter key to open the Comcast Official website.
- In the Xfinity Activation page, enter the Xfinity credentials and verify the Comcast account details. Then, you have to insert the registered mobile number to complete the authorization.
- After that, wait for 10-15 minutes until the modem reboots and comes to a stable state.
- In the case of a new user, you are asked to create a new username and passcode as well as you need to provide the services address information correctly.
- Next, click Continue and Next button to proceed with the next step.
- Run some remote tests and then the screen will appear with the message, “Connection Established”.
- However, after activation of the Xfinity modem, it is required to reboot the modem and restart the system. Therefore, press the Continue button and then let it reboot successfully.
- Wait for a few seconds until the modem LED turns into solid green. If the Xfinity modem setup is finished, then the display will show “Activation is completed”.
- After the Xfinity is activated, open Safari/ Chrome browser and then try to search any items online to check whether the internet connection is established or not.
Step 3: Connect to a Home Network
After activation of the Xfinity modem, the next step is to connect the modem with your home network. It is the quickest process if you perform the steps one after another that are mentioned below.
- Restart the laptop and right-click on the Wi-Fi icon that you can find on the right-hand side of the taskbar.
- Now, open the W-Fi settings and then click on that specific router device name.
- Connect the Wi-Fi with the correct passcode and then click on the Connect button.
Tips to Remember before Settings Up the Xfinity Modem
You need to go through the following steps before performing the Xfinity modem setup process. Otherwise, the whole setup process might be postponed at any time.
- Ensure that the Comcast Xfinity account number is valid and the account credentials are verified by Comcast.
- In the case of a non-account holder, you will get a notification on your monthly billing statement that is sent in your email. However, registered with Comcast is the quickest way to install the Xfinity modem effectively.
- In general, the system gets connected to the cable modem. In some cases, it is difficult to install it directly. Therefore, you can connect with an expert and activate the modem via a third party router.
- You might use the Comcast DNS server before going to set up the Xfinity modem. Therefore, you need to configure your laptop or PC in such a way that you never encounter any problem at the time of installing the Xfinity modem.
- Make sure that the Wi-F signal is strong enough to handle the entire modem setup process. Otherwise, a poor connection causes activation failed like annoying issues quite often. So, if you face this kind of problem, then don’t forget to contact the ISP for a quick fix.
Here, we have defined the steps on how to setup wifi on Xfinity modem with ease. Moreover, the entire modem connection setup process is described sequentially here.
Similarly, we have given some of the necessary tips that will be helpful to optimize the process and avoid the activation error efficiently. However, it is required to connect with an expert team for a hassle-free service on the Xfinity modem setup.