There is no doubt that the internet is a powerful tool. And, it is now impossible to take a single step without the internet. For office work you need the internet, for the online class, you need the internet and many other things. And if your house has WiFi connections from where you can get smooth and disturb free connections, that makes the work much easier.
You can also connect other devices, like the smartphone, laptop etc., with the help of the wireless network. And, the most important thing is that you don’t need an ethernet cable to connect other devices. Below, we have discussed a few more points regarding the WiFi network and how to connect WiFi to the internet.
Things that You need for a stable WiFi Network
We will discuss the things you need for a smooth WiFi network. Below are a few important things mentioned that will help you.
First, you need to purchase a wireless router. To create your own WiFi, you need the device first, and this will broadcast the signals to all other devices. In many cases, it has been seen that the ISP offers a wireless router with respect to a small monthly fee. If you have never set up a WiFi network, then ISP, that is, the internet service provider would be the easiest option for you. You can also do more research to find a suitable router. Also, you can see that some internet modems have built-in wireless routers; thus, you don’t have to purchase a separate one.
Connect the Cables
Now comes the connection. After you get the router, you need to connect with the existing internet modem. First, you have to connect an ethernet cable to the wireless router from the modem. Now, you have to plug in the power cable for the wireless router. You have to wait at least 30 seconds and need to check the lights on the router, whether it is working or not.
After the above two points, now comes configuring the router’s default settings. Over here, you have to set a unique name and password for your wireless network. You can use the web browser to enter the router’s default IP address. And, then click on the enter button. After that, you will see that the router’s sign-in page appears on the screen. You need to sign in with exact details, but often it has been seen that most routers use the combination of standard username and password.
Now, the router setting page will appear. You just have to locate and select the network name settings. Over there, you need to enter a network name. After that, you need to choose the encryption option. There are a variety of encryptions available, but mostly WPA2 is recommended as it is one of the most secure ones. Then, enter the password and locate and select the Save button to save your settings after that.
After completing the above points, you are now ready for the connection and make sure that it is working. The process might vary slightly depending on the type of computer or device you are using. But, you will surely get the answer to “how to connect WiFi to the internet”. First, you need to locate your computer network settings and look for a nearby WiFi network. After searching the network enter the password. If you see that the connection is successful, you can open the web browser and search for the web page.
Manually Connecting the Network with WiFi
You must know the process to manually connect the WiFi network. And, they are as follows:
- First, you have to go to the Start option followed by the Settings icon and WiFi icon.
- Then, go for the Network And Sharing Center option from the related Settings section.
- Now, select the Set Up A New Connection or Network option
- After that, select the Manually Connect To A Network option and finally click on the Next option.
- You have to configure the following info and select the Next option, including the network name, security type etc.
- After that, click on the Close option.
Connecting other devices with WiFi
If you want to connect other devices with your WiFi, then the steps are mentioned below. Follow the steps accordingly, and you won’t face any difficulties.
- First, you have to go to the Settings option followed by WiFi.
- Then, you need to turn on the WiFi. You will see that your respective devices are searching for available WiFi networks.
- Now, you need to tap the WiFi network name that you want to join. You might also receive a dialogue box asking for Terms And Conditions.
- A blue checkmark will appear after you join the network. You can also contact the Network Administrator if you don’t know the password to the WiFi network.
So, these are all the important points based on your query “how to connect WiFi to the internet”. If you face any trouble, then seek help from professionals.