Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle Scanner – Detailed Review
Fujitsu is one of the renowned and popular companies which is famous for developing computing device. It offers a variety of products in the area of computing device as well as storage products and advanced microelectronics. The Fujitsu Scansnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle scanner is one of the best models of Fujitsu for scanning electronic files.
It comes with a speed of 25 pages per minute at 600 x 600 dpi resolution. If you need a document scanner with great features then it should be at the top of your preference list.
Also Recommend: Fujitsu pa03656 b005 Image Scanner Scansnap ix500
Price And Features
There are many inexpensive desktop scanners that will do the job but the ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle Scanner is substantially better than others. Its price is very close to some scanners but it offers advanced features than others.
The iX500 can scan 25 pages per minute which can detect and remove blank pages automatically. If two or more pages get pulled into the scanner at the same time then it can detect that and also it stops the scanner immediately at the time of occurrence.
It consists of an incredible feature i.e, ScanSnap Connect application which is suitable for iOS and Android as well to scan remotely to your smartphone or tablet. There is also ScanSnap cloud, with the cloud you can Scan google drive, OneDrive and more.
Design & Hardware
The ScanSnap iX500 scanner comes with a classy black outlook. It also contains a processor located inside the scanner that is used to speed up the image and manage the processing system as well when the scanner is not attached to the computer. It also able to handle the optical character recognition.
- USB 3.0 and Wifi supported.
- Supported document size(maximum) is 8.5 x 34.0 inches.
- 600 x 600 dpi resolution.
- Automatic Duplexing.
- Dual CIS Element Type.
- Red, Green, Blue LED light source.
- Can scan 25 pages per minutes in color.
- Plain paper and Business card supported.
- Feeder Capacity is 50 sheet.
- Autoload Feeder.
- External power adapter.
- 120-130 V AC voltage required in 50-60 Hz.
- 11.5 x 6.6 x 6.3 inches dimension.
- Weight is 6.6 lbs.
The feeder is 9’’ wide so it can handle a bit wider than standard US letter or A4 paper. You can scan color photography and also heavier documents like passports or driving license.
Overview Of The Specifications
- Manufactures- FUJITSU.
- Item Dimension- 15.5 x 6.6 x 6.3 inch.
- Item weight- 6.6 lbs.
- Color- Black.
- Model no.- iX500.
- Computer Platform- Window 7/8/8.1/10, Linux, MAC.
- Connection Type- USB.
It comes with a special feature and has the ability to edit PDF documents. For basic PDF editing, Nuance and Preview are good but many users want more advanced software to redact a PDF and manage Bates stamping.
However, Fujitsu also comes with a Business Card Software, ScanSnap Organizer and ABBY FineReader Express. One can easily scan a document and Business card. In case if you are not able to adjust your documents in your file system.
The ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle Scanner is quick, reliable and easy to use. I have been using this scanner for almost a year. It scans with a fairly standard speed at 25 pages per minute. The processing time for getting a document from the scanner is much faster than others that I have used so far.
Fujitsu built its own apps so it is easier to use.
Moreover, you can easily fit it into your home or office for having a compact design.
Comparison With iX500 Sheet-Fed
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle and Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Sheet-Fed have almost the same specifications but at some point, Deluxe Bundle occupies the first place.
- Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle is a Flatbed Scanner but iX500 Sheet-Fed is not a Flatbed Scanner.
- ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe Bundle has an Optical Character Recognition(OCR) but iX500 Shet-Fed with no OCR.
Reasons To Buy Fujitsu ScanSnap?
In case you are searching for a document scanner then obviously the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 is the one you should definitely buy. If you already have a document scanner and you want to upgrade then you can go for this product because it is probably a little bit faster.
- Faster feeding/scanning.
- Faster processing.
- USB 3.0 connection give the advantage of maximum 5 Gbps speed where USB 2.0 give max 450 Mbps speed.
- It has improved paper handling mechanism. The regular paper never stuck, you may be stuck for a very thin or bent paper.
- WiFi capability.
- Scan-to-the-cloud capability using GDrive, Evernote, DropBox.
- Sometimes the auto-detect selection doesn’t work.
- The PDF file created from other sources can’t be processed, works with only the documents created with this scanner.
- Sometimes Bundle software failed to update.
This scanner works without any lagging even if you give a huge load on it. I have been using this product since last year and have never been disappointed while using it. I give the scanner 5 stars out of 5 stars because I didn’t face any big issue with this scanner. All in all, this is a good scanner.