Netgear offers a wide variety of products that has gathered positive reviews from its users around the world. Netgear Genie is an app that allows you to manage your router effectively. With the help of Netgear Genie, you will be able to monitor, connect as well as manage the home network from a smartphone or a tablet. Moreover, it comes with a single sign-on feature and lets you share or stream videos or music. Another thing you can do with Netgear Genie is to enable the parental controls feature. However, users often experience the issue of Netgear parental controls not working. Although the issue might seem to be annoying to you, you can get rid of it if you are aware of certain troubleshooting approaches.
Netgear Parental Controls Not Working -Causes
There can be several reasons for the parental controls feature not working. You will need to understand the possible causes of this issue to be able to resolve it properly.
- Your modem works in NAT mode instead of a bridged mode causing this issue.
- Another possibility is that you may not have enabled the live parental controls to feature on your Netgear router.
- In case you have a cybersecurity software running and you have enabled the secure DNS feature, the issue may pop up.
- It could also be that your ISP is redirecting the DNS queries to their own DNS service. If that is the case, it can be a potential cause of the problem.
- Also, if you are not connected to your Netgear router with a wired connection, you can have this issue.
- If someone else altered the Netgear router settings on your network, it could be another reason for the live parental controls filter not working.
How To Resolve The Issue In Effective Steps?
If the issue of Netgear parental controls not working baffles you, you can implement the following solutions for fixing it. These are tried and tested methods that have been known to work for countless users.
With the help of the OpenDNS portal, you will be able to manage the parental control. One thing you will have to check is whether there is another network added to your portal. If you have added a network with a static or dynamic IP address, you will have to delete it to troubleshoot the issue.
After that, you should wait for 30 minutes to save the changes. Although OpenDNS will suggest you to wait for 3 minutes, you will actually need to wait for 30 minutes.
As an alternative way, you will be required to check whether your Netgear router is connected to the internet via a cable or (x) DSL router. If you have been using one, you will have to ensure that it is using the OpenDNS DNS servers instead of the ISP- obtained routers. If you use the existing DNS settings of your (x) DSL, the issue might arise.
Contact Our Experienced Professionals
If you are still stuck with the issue of Netgear genie parental controls not working, you can get in touch with us. Our competent and skilled technicians have dealt with the issues like these multiple times. Therefore, they will be able to help you out in your hour of need.
You will be able to get in touch with us via more than one channel of communication. For instance, you can give us a call and let us know your technical concerns at +1-855-589-4554. Moreover, you also have the option of sending us a detailed email if you get a busy tone on our helpline number. The email address to your rescue will be email@example.com. In addition, you also get to chat with our executives and avail expert assistance.