D-Link DAP 1320 Reset: Things You Can’t-Miss
Wireless networks have reduced the clutter of unnecessary cables and cords. When it comes to wireless networking, you have to rely on smart wireless routers for conveying Wi-Fi signals all over the house.
D-Link Wi-Fi extenders are a very reliable option for broadcasting wireless signals all over the house. Whether it’s a duplex building or a very large square feet area, D-Link Wi-Fi extenders can handle the situation very easily.
D-Link DAP 1320 is one of the best Wi-Fi extenders available in the market. This Wi-Fi extender is easy to set up provides super network coverage. And, thus, it can be your favourite networking component. However, if you need to enter the web interface of the extender, then you will require the username and password for the extender.
If you have forgotten them, then only a D-Link DAP 1320 reset can help you – Unless it was the default username and password and you haven’t changed the password. Otherwise, you have to carry out a quick D-Link DAP 1320 reset procedure. Stick to this guide to the very last to discover how to reset D-Link DAP 1320 and much more.
How to Execute the D-Link DAP 1320 Reset Procedure?
If you have reset a router before, then it should be easier for you to reset a Wi-Fi extender. Both the processes are similar, and you should follow the instructions below for D-Link DAP 1320 reset.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi extender is active when you want to reset it. Find the Reset button on the extender. You can take the help of the guidebook of the extender. However, the Reset button should be somewhere on the rear side of the extender.
- Next, use a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button of the extender. Hold the button for 10 seconds or so.
- The LED on the Wi-Fi extender will turn red, and this indicates that the device is rebooting.
- You need to wait until the LED on the Wi-Fi extender becomes green.
The Wi-Fi extender might take 30 seconds or longer to become stable. Then, you can access the network through the D-Link DAP 1320 Wi-Fi extender. However, if you want to enter the web interface of the Wi-Fi extender then you need to enter the following web address: http://dlinkap.local.
Or, you can visit the IP address http://192.168.0.50 or http://192.168.0.60. The IP address can be different, so it’s better to look at the sticker or user manual of the Wi-Fi extender.
How to Implement the D-Link DAP 1320 Reset through 30-30-30 Reset?
If the above-mentioned reset method doesn’t work for your D-Link Wi-Fi extender, then you can try this universal 30-30-30 reset procedure. Here’s how you can do this:
- Keep the extender turned on and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. Use a paper clip or ballpoint pen to press and hold the reset button.
- You need to pull out the power cord of the extender from the electrical outlet while holding the reset button. Even after you have detached the power cable from the source, you must hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Next, you have to keep the reset button in its holding position. Meanwhile, plug the power cable into the power supply and turn on the Wi-Fi extender. Keep the reset button on hold for the last 30 seconds.
Then, let the button go, and the Wi-Fi extender will restart eventually.
Can you go for D-Link DAP 1320 Reset through the Admin Dashboard?
Most users have to go for a D-Link DAP 1320 reset when they can’t remember the password to the web admin dashboard. However, it’s possible to execute a reset through the admin panel, as well.
If you remember the login credentials, then you can restore factory settings through a reset on the web interface of D-Link DAP 1320. Here is the step-by-step guideline to go for a D-Link DAP 1320 reset on the web interface of the Wi-Fi extender.
- Connect your computer to the D-Link DAP 1320 Wi-Fi extender and open a browser on your computer.
- Go to the browser’s address bar and enter the default IP address of the extender. It should be either 192.168.0.50 or 192.168.0.60.
- The login page of the extender will appear where you have to provide the username and password. Input the valid username and password, and click the Login button.
- After a successful login, you should be on the main configuration page. Choose the Management tab from the top-right corner of the window.
- Next, click on the drop-down menu and select the System option.
- Locate the Restore Factory Defaults button. A prompt message might appear on the screen when you click the button. Go for the OK button to proceed with the factory reset.
How to Log in to the Admin Portal of the Extender after D-Link DAP 1320 Reset?
Once you are done with a D-Link DAP 1320 reset procedure, you might have to log into the web interface of the Wi-Fi extender. It’s essential to configure your Wi-Fi range extender to strengthen your security purpose.
Here is the detailed instruction to enter the admin portal:
- Ensure that you have connected your PC to the Wi-Fi extender. If you have connected them wirelessly, you have to use the default Wi-Fi password for the extender.
- Check the sticker at the bottom of the extender and connect them securely.
- Next, you explore a web browser on the PC. Move to the browser’s address bar and enter the default IP address of the extender.
- All the details should be mentioned on the sticker of the router. Or else, you can refer to the user manual.
- After entering the IP address, a login prompt should appear on the screen. Enter the default username and password on those two login credential boxes. Now, click the Login button.
Welcome to the admin dashboard of the D-Link DAP 1320 extender after a successful reset. You can now configure the extender and its settings according to your preferences.
The overall D-Link DAP 1320 reset procedure is pretty easy, and we got you 3 ways to do this. Hopefully, the guide is helpful to reset your D-Link DAP 1320. You can go through the official website of D-Link if you’re having trouble with the default username and password and find the right one.