Belkin router users have reported that they have been experiencing the red light with no internet issue more often. The Belkin router might be a flashing red light or a solid red light. And, we are clear about what it indicates.
A Belkin router would showcase a solid or blinking red light when there’s probably no internet connection. Belin router red light no internet issue can be triggered by internal bugs of the router.
On the other hand, outdated firmware, power cable tantrums, improper internet settings, or a temporary glitch might have caused this problem. Whatever the reason is, you must now concentrate on the solutions to mitigate the Belkin router red light no internet issue.
Here are all possible fixes that can bring your Belkin router back to productivity.
Observe the Connection between the Belkin Router and Modem
The main reason behind the Belkin router red light no internet connection is the faulty network connection. The Belkin router might not be connected to the modem properly, and it can lead you to such an annoying problem. Therefore, it’s better to start with a simple solution.
If the router is tightly connected to the modem via a working ethernet cable, then you have to replace the cable. If its efficiency doesn’t improve, then you have to replace it.
Power Cycle the Belkin Router
If you find that it’s not the ethernet cable that’s faulty, then you have to try other workarounds such as power cycling your router. The Belkin router might be suffering from its breakdown phase, and a power cycle can recover your router from this state.
First, you have to turn off your Belkin router and remove the power cable from the electrical source. Wait for a while, and then you can re-plug the power cord back to the power supply. Turn on your Belkin router and let it connect to the modem automatically.
Well, you have to do the same to your modem if you have one. After restarting both the router and modem, you can check if the Belkin router red light no internet issue persists.
Upgrade the Belkin Router’s Firmware
Users have confirmed that a corrupt firmware installation can lead to the Belkin router red light no internet issue. If you are sceptical about the recent firmware update on your Belkin router, you can try updating the firmware version again and check if this works.
Here’s how you can update the Belkin router’s firmware:
- Note the model and version number of your Belkin router and fetch the official support site of Belkin routers on your computer that connects to the router.
- Search for the latest firmware according to the Belkin router’s model and version number on the official support site. After you have found that, download the firmware update folder on your computer.
- Now, come back to a web browser on your computer. Type the default gateway of your Belkin router on the address bar of the browser and press Enter.
- Afterwards, you need to proceed with the Login option and provide the valid password to log into the web interface of the Belkin router after clicking Submit.
- Once you are on the router’s web interface, head towards the Utilities menu from the left navigation panel.
- Next, you need to opt for the Firmware Update option, and it will let you choose the required firmware update file. You need to browse the firmware update file you had downloaded on your device before.
- Finally, hit the Update option and go through the on-screen instructions to update the router firmware.
Make changes to the Internet Connection Settings of the Belkin Router
The glitch in the network setting of the router can invite the Belkin router red light no internet issue. You have to connect your computer to the router through an ethernet cable to solve this.
We recommend not to use Wi-Fi for applying this solution. Next, you have to follow the guidelines below:
- Go to the Belkin router’s default gateway, which is 192.168.2.1.
- Provide the password and sign in to the router’s web interface.
- You have to keep the connection type PPPOE.
- Next, type in the username@ISP and password into the respective fields.
- Confirm your changes and configure the wireless settings with the corresponding SSID and WEP.
Next time, make sure that you use the same SSID and WEP type when you are joining the wireless network. Check if the same Belkin router red light no internet issue is still there.
Establish the Connection Correctly
If nothing has worked so far, then you can try this method to eliminate the Belkin router red light no internet issue. Reset the TCP/IP settings on your Windows computer in case you can’t log into the web interface of your Belkin router.
- Open a Run dialog box by pressing the Win+R combination.
- When the Run dialog box appears on the screen, you have to type ‘cmd’ in the box next to the ‘Open:’ option. This will lead you to the Command Prompt window.
- Enter the following command: netsh int ip reset c:\ resetlog.txt’. Don’t forget to press the Enter key.
- Restart your computer when the prompt appears.
Make sure that you keep your computer connected to your Belkin router when performing this solution. Examine whether it solves the Belkin router red light no internet problem.
Final Solution: Reset the Belkin Router
If you have not found the right solution to the Belkin router red light no internet issue, then you have to try this. Hard reset your Belkin router. Take a sharp or pointed object, such as a paper clip and use this object to press and hold the Reset button.
Locate the Reset button on your Belkin router and press and hold the button for 10 to 15 seconds. If the router starts flashing lights, you can check if the issue has been resolved. Otherwise, contact your Internet Service Provider.