Routers are unskippable when deploying a wireless network inside a home or office. Asus routers are in demand for offering stable network coverage and durable conditions. However, you need to enter the router’s web interface to set up a router and make the required changes. You have to access the router’s web portal to make adjustments to configurations and settings.
So, if you have bought a new Asus router, then congratulations on your latest purchase. Now, you need to set the router and strengthen its security. Otherwise, anyone can access the network beyond your knowledge.
Whenever you bring a new router, it comes with a default username and password whenever you bring it. So, you need to make sure that you change the credentials for better security. And, you require the Asus router login procedure to make it happen. Let’s find out how you can perform it without any hassle.
Asus Router Login: First Method
We are aware that you have chosen the router for a well-distributed wireless network. When you set up the Asus router and are ready to log in, it’s better to go for a wired medium. A wired connection means that there would be no glitch when you try to make a connection between your computer and the router.
Steps to Perform the Method
You will require an additional ethernet cable to proceed with this Asus router login process. Here’s how it goes:
- Turn on your router according to the instructions from the user manual. Ensure that you have plugged its power cable into the nearest power supply and press the Power button.
- Now, use the ethernet cable and plug its one end to one of the LAN ports of the router. Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into the modem’s port. Your modem should be active, meanwhile.
- Afterwards, you have to grab another ethernet cable. This cable is required to make the wired connection for the Asus router login. Connect your computer and the Asus router with the help of the ethernet cable.
- Turn on your computer and open a web browser of your preference.
- On the address bar of the browser, you have to type the IP address of your router. The default IP address of your Asus router is 192.168.1.1. You can simply enter the IP address and press Enter. Or, you can type the web address of the router – router.asus.com.
- Now, you should be on the Asus router login page. Here you have to enter the login credentials of your Asus router. The login details might slightly vary depending on the model of the Asus router. You should better check the user manual or the internet to find those credentials.
- Type the default credentials on the login page. Select the Login button to enter the web interface of the Asus router successfully.
Second Method: How to Approach Asus Router Login?
Most of the devices can establish a wireless connection for Asus router login. Wireless setup is easy too. You don’t require two ethernet cables for the wireless setup. Only an ethernet cable will be enough for the wireless mode of the Asus router login procedure.
Let’s check out how you can reach the Asus router login page through wireless means for the first time.
- Plug the power cable of the router into the electrical outlet. Turn on the Asus router.
- Now, you can power on your computer. Head towards the Wi-Fi settings of your computer. This step is different for Windows and Mac users. However, make sure that you activate the Wi-Fi connection. After that, you can see all the available Wi-Fi networks around you.
- Check out the SSID of your Asus router from the label on the router. Your computer must be showing the SSID of the router. Select that particular network to proceed further.
- Now, you have to provide the login credentials. If you don’t know them, check out your Asus router sticker. There must be the default password for logging into the Asus router.
- After logging into the router, you should be on the setup page of the Asus router.
When you enter the setup page, you have to enter the username and password for the router. These must be present in the user manual. Or, you can find out the corresponding credentials from the internet. Make sure that you inquire with the appropriate model number of the Asus router.
Is there any Other Way to reach the Asus Router Login Page and Setup the Router?
If you want to avoid visiting the Asus router login page on the web every time you need to make any changes, there is an alternative way available. You can download and install the Asus application on your smartphone.
This makes the setup and configuration easy for your Asus router. Before you go for this method, make sure that your router is compatible with the Asus app.
Here’s the entire procedure to get started.
- Download the Asus app from a legitimate source on your smartphone. Make sure that your smartphone is connected to the Asus router network.
- Tap on the Asus app to explore it. Go to the Setup tab followed by the Asus Router option.
- Next, grant the location access request and choose the Start option.
- Now, you need to select the internet type, as per the condition of your network.
- Provide the login details of the Internet Service that you’re using. If you’re facing issues with this step, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Afterwards, create a new SSID and passkey, then continue with the option – Next.
- A new page will appear, and you have to insert the new credentials. Proceed carefully as this is the verification process.
- Go for the Next option. You can turn on the Remote Connection, as well. If you don’t want that, then you can go for Cancel.
You should go to the Asus router login page through the application. You can make modifications accordingly.
Additional Checkboxes for Asus Router Login
Ensure that you have an uninterrupted internet connection while preparing for the Asus router login. Browsers or devices might not respond properly. Switch between other browsers or devices for a successful Asus router login process.