In the world of wireless routers, Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is rocking the Asus router family with its mind-blowing features. This model of the Asus router has also set its benchmark amongst other routers. The main feature of this router is its blazing-fast speed, which is no doubt best for gamers.
If you are a professional gamer and looking for a worthy router, then you can go through the specifications of this router. Therefore, you might decide whether to purchase it or not. Get an overall view of this router along with the setup guide here.
Review of Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000: Wi-Fi 6
The designers have designed this Asus AX-11000 by keeping gamers in mind. If you are a gaming pro, then you can access the internet almost from any corner of your house with the help of this router. Without wasting further time, let’s dive into the overview of this router’s specifications.
Whenever any new device comes to the market, it should have a classy and eye-catchy design to attract customers. This GT-AX 11000 router is quite impressive with its eight antennas. This is the first 802.11ax router from Asus.
The dimensions of this router are 9.4X9.4X2.8 inches. You can turn those antennas to adjust the network connectivity. The router comes with a soft rubber pad to avoid scratches. You can place the router on any sturdy surface but you can’t get it wall-mounted.
With the Broadcom’s BCM43684 Wi-Fi chip, it is capable of creating a tri-band 802.11ax network. You can use both the wired and wireless connection to connect to this router. The Wi-Fi chip has a 1.8GHz quad-core processor along with a RAM of size 1GB. Additionally, it has a memory space of 256MB for settings and firmware.
There is a row of LED indicators on the router. You can get a throughput of 2.5Gbps, maximum. You can use WPS connections for the wireless connection. Otherwise, you might use USB 3.0 connectors as well for wired connections.
The software elements have been designed from a gamer’s perspective. If you are a gamer, then you would love to play League of Legends, World of tanks, etc games on this router. But the Asus router lacks the geo-filtering feature.
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is capable of creating a mesh network with other Asus routers with the help of AiMesh technology. The router might consume around two minutes for the set up along with a firmware setup.
Like other Asus routers, this GT-AX 11000 comes with Quality of service, Parental Controls, etc features. You can prioritize the bandwidth along with the feature to set the limits on when users can log in to the router. Though the router lacks some security app compared to its competitors, you can encrypt almost everything through Trend Micro software. You are able to block malicious websites with the help of this Asus router.
Asus AX11000 can broadcast on two 5GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band. If you are using a wireless connection, then it can deliver you a maximum speed of 10.8Gbps. This is a good internet speed but not the best. Other competitor routers tend to provide more speed than that of this Asus router.
Asus ROG Rapture 11000 delivers a speed of 643.2Mbps at a height of 5 feet. It can prevent the network signal if it gets a metal wall. We have got a complaint from worldwide that the router faces trouble while providing a signal through a metal wall.
But you can stream online movies and live shows, play online games easily with this router. The latency was least and we faced no problem while surfing through the Asus GT-AX11000. When you are using the router in full-swing, it can consume 13.2 watts.
Key Specifications of Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000:
Wi-Fi: 802.11ac/Tri-Band, Broadcom BCM 43684
Antennas: 8, removable
Processor: 1.8GHz Quad-core
Ports: One 2.5Gbps LAN, two USB 3.0
Range: 95 feet
Peak Performance: 731.4Mbps (at 50 feet)
Dimensions: 9.4X9.4X2.8 inches
How to Set Up Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000?
If you have recently bought an Asus AX11000 router, then you must set up the router, at first. Without the proper setup, you can’t make use of it. In case, you are a newbie, then go through this section for a complete setup.
Before you leap to a wired or wireless connection, you need to set up the modem to connect with your Asus router. Perform these below-mentioned steps furthermore.
- First of all, pull off the power cable of your modem. If you are using DSL, then you need the username and password to deactivate. If your modem runs on a battery, remove the battery.
- Next, you have to connect the modem to the router. Use a bundled internet cable for this purpose.
- After that, switch on your modem.
- Check out if the connection is established or not by checking if the connection LED is on.
If you want to opt for a wired connection to your Asus router, then it is possible. You can simply skip those technical steps of wireless connection through a wired connection. Follow the guidelines below for an accomplished setup.
- Place the router to a suitable position so that your device is near as you have chosen the wired connection.
- Next, plug in the power cord to your router and the other end to a power outlet. Turn on the Asus ROG Rapture AX11000.
- After that, use a network cable to connect your device or computer to the Asus router. Make sure that you have inserted the network cable to a LAN port of your computer.
- Check if you are able to connect the web services from your computer, now. The web interface of Asus routers should display automatically. Otherwise, visit the official website of Asus routers.
- Finally, you have to create a new password to restrict trespassing.
If you don’t have the internet cable or want to skip the mess of cables, then a wireless connection should be your choice. Connect the Asus router to your device with the help of these following simple steps.
- Place the router somewhere from where you can easily get access to the internet. Next, connect the router to an electrical outlet with the power cord. Switch on the router.
- Search for wireless networks on your computer or any other device. You can notice the SSID of the network on your device. If you are using the 2.4G Wi-Fi, then you can notice ASUS_XX_2G. Otherwise, it might come up with either ASUS_XX_5G or ASUS_XX_5G_Gaming. Choose the right one.
- Once you have connected to the router successfully, it will redirect you to the web interface of Asus routers. If not, then visit the official website of Asus routers.
- There you have to create a new password. It will keep you safe from unauthorized access.
You can definitely buy this Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 if its specifications suit your needs. By the way, the process to set up this router is very easy. Hopefully, the overview of this specific Asus router will help you enough to decide whether to grab this router or not. The router serves its purpose to a great extent, whether you are considering gaming, working or for entertainment purposes. But this router is quite expensive among all other routers. So go for it if your budget permits.