Arris Router Troubleshooting: General Problems & Solutions
Arris is one of the best-known brands quite famous for the modem router combo. It has been recognised as the world’s fastest router. It gives you long-range and fast speed with effective wireless connectivity.
The Arris home router can either be wired or wireless. You can connect the Arris router with multiple devices as it provides excellent speed.
But, often, it has been seen that users are having a hard time with internet connectivity. And, this can be a real problem. You might receive a different light indicating the router’s status or the modem.
Below, we will be discussing the step for Arris router troubleshooting.
Cause of Arris Router Error
A few reasons initiate the problem. We will be discussing the problems of connectivity. These will help you to deal with the Arris router troubleshooting more smoothly.
- Often it has been seen that the hardware is affecting the modem’s ability. This can be one of the reasons to trigger the connectivity issue.
- Wear out and damaged cables can also be the cause of Arris router problems. If your cables are a few months older, it’s time to change them. These damaged cables can initiate the connection issue.
- It also might be possible that your modem is full of cache and memory. This can be the reason to prevent you from connecting to any device.
- In most cases, it has been seen, the service providers need to do the maintenance of the network, and this can be the reason behind irregular internet connection.
Steps for Arris Router Troubleshooting
After finding out the main cause of the problem, it becomes easier to fix the issue. Below, we have discussed a few of the fixes. You can start Arris router troubleshooting with a restart.
In a few Arris routers, you will find the reset button at the back of the router. Thus, power recycling can help you fix the connectivity and related issue.
As mentioned in the above statement, that in most Arris routers you will find the reset button. But, in case your router doesn’t have the reset button, the power cycle method would be suitable.
Hard reset will help you cool down your router and give you a clean boot. The steps are given to help you out:
- First, you have to unplug the Arris router from the power source.
- After that, you need to give it some time to drain completely.
- Now, again plug the cord into the power adapter.
- Finally, turn on the router again and check if this process fixes your problem or not.
It might be possible that too many devices connected with your router cause the network to malfunction. Though you have turned it off, it can still consume network resources from the connection for updates and apps.
Some tips along with steps are given to fix the problem:
At first, you have to head towards the Settings option of the device. After that, go to the Wi-FI settings. Now, turn off the WiFi to make a stable connection.
If your Arris router is at a distance far from the mentioned distance, you might not receive the WiFi connection properly. Make sure that you are in the same room where you have placed the router.
Ensure that you are not too far and add to that a few steps that will strengthen the signal of the WiFi:
- If you are using 5Ghz frequency, then you are recommended to change the network to 2.4Ghz.
- To get a proper connection, you can place the router in the middle of the room.
- Check whether the antennas are pointed upwards or not.
- Strengthening the signal disables the Guest Network feature.
- Often outdated firmware routers can be the main cause of poor signal of the WiFi.
Remove any Interference
Device or object interference that can suppress the connectivity of the Arris router. To minimize the interference, a few points are mentioned that will help you out.
Separate Large and Metal Objects
Often it has been observed that metal objects initiate the problems. To ensure that it does not cause any trouble, make sure there are no metal objects around or even at the top of the router.
If your device uses a wireless connection beside the router, it might cause interference to the WiFi. It can be cable boxes or even any other device. Finally, go for a power cycle and also check your WiFi.
The Factory Reset method is one of the best ways to fix the issue. But, one problem is that it will delete all information you have stored. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to go to the Control Panel from the Settings option.
- In the Control Panel, search for the Factory Reset option.
- After that, locate the System Reset tab and click on the Reset button.
- Now, from the login screen, re-enter the password and click on the Confirm button.
Give some time to the router to reboot and finally check if the WiFi signal is stable or not.
Disconnect VPN Software
First, you have to check if the VPN software on the device is connected to your WiFi or not. The problem can also be associated with your computer’s problem. Make sure you inspect your computer property.
Every time you view any new website, it initiates the VPN software. Thus, making the data travel much longer. Through it is used for security purposes still, it can be the main problem with WiFi speed.
Change the WiFi Channel
Many times it has been seen that the WiFi connection has become slow due to the channel you are using. Thus, it is better to switch the channel you are using. The steps for Arris router troubleshooting are given below:
- First, you have to go to the wireless settings of the router and you need to choose the 802.11 wireless radio.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, choose a different channel. It won’t concert you as long as it is different from the current use.
- Finally, save the settings and restart the router to check if the error is still there or not.
So, this was all about Arris router troubleshooting. This solution will help you to fix any problem related to the connection. Many users have reported fixing the router using these troubleshoots and getting a smooth function. But, if the glitch remains, contact your ISP.