We all know that it is mandatory to change WiFi or the Arris router password for more tight security. It might be possible that you have recently changed your username and password. And, later, you were unable to recall the password – Arris router forgot password.
You don’t need to work because all Arris routers have a default factory set password that will help you to revert the password. Over here, we will give you information and every small detail.
You need the Arris credential when you are about to log in to the web interface to change the settings. More information is given below:
How to Reset the Router to the Default Password?
In case, you have Arris router forgot password and want to revert the Arris router to factory default, and then you need to do the 30-30-30 reset. You must be wondering what this thrice 30 reset is. Well, as we move forward, you will get to know it. The instructions are given below:
- As usual, you need to power on the Arris router. After you do that press the reset button at least for 30 seconds.
- Without leaving the reset button, unplug the power of the arris router. Now, again press the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Now, without leaving the reset button, turn on the power to the unit again, and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Finally, you will see that your Arris router has reset to factory reset.
Another way to reset the router is given below.
- If you see that the default username and the password are not working, then it might be possible that the network administrator has changed.
- Press the reset button for 10-15 seconds for a hard reset of the router. This will restore all the default settings and will allow you to use the factory default username and password.
Reset the Arris Router with the Web Portal
If you want to reset the Arris router with the help web portal, then the following steps will help you. This works if you have Arris router forgot password.
- First, you have to visit the admin portal page. Now, you need to successfully launch the web admin portal from the web browser.
- Login to the current username and admin password. Click on Remember your password to access the portal. After setting the new password, click on Update your Password.
- Go to the portal security tab that is located on the left part of the menu. Select the tab to access the password and username page.
- After that, you will have to change the current admin password from the security page menu. In order to test whether the password works or not, log out from the Arris router and put the password login into the router again.
How to Set a New Password?
The proper instructions are given down below to set a new password. This will help you out:
- First, you have to open the Web Browser.
- After that, in the address bar, enter 192.168.0.1
- Now, enter the username admin and the current password available on the white sticker on the router.
- Then, click on the Manage WiFi Network option and click on the 2.4G or 5G tab. This will help you to select the network you want.
- You need to type the new password in the passphrase field and finally hit the apply button.
So, this was all about what you would do if you Arris router forgot password. Each and every detail is given above. This will definitely help you out. Often users get worried after falling into such a situation. Calm yourself down and follow the instructions.