Wi-fi extenders are very useful to improve the coverage area of our routers. Netgear has a wide range of wifi extender. These are extremely popular due to its affordability and easy to use features. Netgear WiFi Extenders lets you repeat the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide Internet connectivity even at the ‘dead spot’ in your home. Having problem setting up your Netgear Wi-Fi extender? Here you can find some easy DIY methods to setup Netgear Extender.
Setup Netgear Extender Manually
Are you using your Netgear Extender with an Ethernet port? Then follow this guide to setup Netgear Extender with Ethernet cable.
- Firstly connect your Netgear Wi-Fi extender via Ethernet Cable to your computer
- Now Open a browser and Login to the web user interface of your WiFi Extender
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password
Default login credentials are:
Not being able to log in using the default username and password? Then you must have changed it previously. Try to put something else which you might have kept your router’s username and password. If the problem persists talk to the Netgear Support Executives. Visit the Netgear Support Portal and contact the support assistants available there. They will definitely help you to recover the password.
- After logging in successfully, go to Setup and then go to Wireless Settings from there
- Now, Check the value in the Password (Network Key) field, which you will find under Security Options
If the password is not same as your router password, change it so it matches
- Then, Click Apply
- And finally, reconnect your Wi-Fi devices to the NETGEAR WiFi Extender
Setup Netgear Wifi Extender Without Ethernet Port
If you are using an extender without any Ethernet cable the above steps will not work. Follow the methods given below to setup Netgear extender without an ethernet port.
- At first, reset your NETGEAR WiFi Extender back to its factory default settings
To do this, just press and hold the Factory Settings button for a few seconds. You can find the factory reset button on the side panel of your device.
- Now, connect via Wi-Fi to your NETGEAR WiFi extender
- After that login to the web user interface of your NETGEAR WiFi Extender. You will be prompted to put a username and password.
Default login credentials are:
- Then, follow the setup wizard to setup your connection to your router. (Do NOT use WPS when reconnecting to the router)
- Finally, reconnect your Wi-Fi devices to your NETGEAR WiFi Extender
Not sure about the dead spot of your home? You can find it using Netgear WiFi Analytics app.
Netgear WiFi Analytics app
Before setting up Netgear Wi-Fi range extender in your home you must find the ‘dead spot’, where the Wi-Fi signal is weak in your home. To do so use Netgear WiFi Analytics app. The Netgear WiFi Analytics app can help you in:
Identifying WiFi Channels
Optimize your Home Network
Checking your Network Status
Monitoring the strength of the signal
Now its time to bid adieu guys. For any other queries with your Netgear device contact through the comment section. Put your queries there I’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible. In the end, I must say it again all the steps above are for tech-savvy people who have a better computer knowledge. These DIY methods are time-consuming as well. For a hassle-free operation with your Netgear WiFi extender, it is highly recommended to take help from the Netgear Support. Talk to the experts and get your job done easily.